Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Over DH's family!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 0 Replies

When we first got together 10.5 years ago I thought they were the greatest. I wanted SO badly to fit it. I grew up an only child and DH has a brother and sister. In the beginning we would do things as couples, but when DH and I got engaged things started changing. For example, DH's sister and brother's wife went bridesmaid dress shopping (for my wedding) without me. I only knew because I got a call one morning asking what color I wanted - they were at a bridal place. I felt COMPLETELY left out of what I thought would be a fun bonding experience with my S'sIL. I never said anything and just smiled and forgot about it. Things here and there have happened where I have looked back and thought "that was strange".

I found out I was being talked about behind my back. DH and I would invite his parents to go on vacations with us (we were paying). They would say no, then we would find out that they were tagging along (last minute) with either SIL or BIL (they would tell us "oh, we just decided to come" - and stay in a tiny RV versus a 3 bedroom house). I decided to start pulling away and DH started getting upset - not with me but with his family. He was starting to notice things too.

At this point DH just wants to find a better job in his field and get "the hell out of here" (his words). He wants to go somewhere far enough away that his parents wont come and visit. The funny thing is that just last week his mother got on him about how *we* don't attend family functions anymore. DH told her that we do attend functions. Then she said "well, when was the last time your wife was here"...Why TF would I want to be around people who talk shit behind my back and treat DH and I this way?!

This weekend my 16 SD went with my IL's and the entire time they were talking Sh!t about other family members that weren't there (I was working). The last time BIL and his wife weren't at a family gathering they talked sh!t about them! Then today again, they were talking sh!t about another family member who wasn't there - but they kiss this girls behind when she is around. I am just tired of all of them being so fake!

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)