Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To my Angel...

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:54 PM
  • 4 Replies
Thank you.

Thank you for reassuring me of the kindness of strangers. Thank you for restoring my hope. Thank you for being so thoughtful.

Today, a complete stranger had somehow found my ring in the hospital I lost it in, tracked me down through the reports I made at the hospital and returned it to me. So I now have the replacement set my hubby bought for me and the ring I was meant to have forever. I feel complete again. My husband thinks maybe it's mom letting us know she's ok, and it's time to let her go...I wish I could. Maybe it is...what this stranger did is something my mom would have done. Either way, thank you again to my wonderful "Angel" and thank you Mommy...for everything. <3

A little backstory...last year my mother had to have emergency surgery and while I was helping to gather her things before the surgery, I must have somehow lost my wedding ring in her hospital room. I lost my mother and my wedding ring on my anniversary. I was devastated. To many, I know it's just an object, and yes I'm still grieving the loss of my mother, but I was also heart broken over my ring and the symbolism it represented and how hard my husband worked to get it for me.
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:00 PM
I'm sorry to hear of your mothers passing, that's a deep wound to heal. :(
Did you just get your ring back, a year later?
T-Rentsmommy06
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I am sorry about the loss of your mom. I am glad you got your ring back though!!!
my.sonshine
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this
oh my. ☝ She's definitely watching over you. I'm happy you got it back.
sdsstargazer
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:37 PM
No, not quite a year. Mom died in November.

Quoting Anonymous: I'm sorry to hear of your mothers passing, that's a deep wound to heal. :(
Did you just get your ring back, a year later?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)