Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can you push someone to suicide?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
A man and a woman are married. They go through a lot together. One day he says he wants a divorce and has apparently wanted one for three years. He flip flops a few times within the month. He gives her a time frame and tells her maybe he'll want to stay if things change, maybe not. He just doesn't know and he can't articulate what it is he wants, but he thinks things would be easier if he was alone. She suspects depression but he doesn't really believe in that kind of thing.

They end up separating and she makes it known that she wants to work things out and she will always want to work things out but he can't give her a straight answer and goes back and forth. He says he loves her but won't work things out. He wants her to do something but can't tell her what that is. He wants changes but can't say what they are.

Eventually, the woman kills herself. Do you think he pushed her to do it?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Semajmom719
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:20 PM
Its possible. ..some people don't realize the pain when u love someone and they dont show u that love back...smh
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:21 PM
In this instance i would say not. It's different when a teen is bullied mercilessly and sees no other way out. She could have gotten into couseling and moved on with her life.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:21 PM
As sad as it is this happens everyday :( some just cant handle the heart break from someone they love so much. And yes i belive one lover could push another to suicide
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:22 PM
i think its the flip flopping thats the problem in this case. i'm not saying he needed to stay with her and make things work but it seems like he could have made his damn mind up.

Quoting Semajmom719: Its possible. ..some people don't realize the pain when u love someone and they dont show u that love back...smh
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:23 PM
it kind of seems like he was bullying her in a way. if he had just left i would think it was too much but he kept coming back and leaving again. i can't imagine what that would be like. especially because he knew she wanted to work things out.

Quoting Anonymous: In this instance i would say not. It's different when a teen is bullied mercilessly and sees no other way out. She could have gotten into couseling and moved on with her life.
LovelyJay512
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:23 PM

Possible.

Momma.Wife.Birth Doula (IT). 1 Princess.Expecting #2.WAHM.

photo birth2.gif photo unmed.gif photo doulatraining.gifLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:24 PM
It's possible.

My sisters friends dad just did and the woman he called wife for 20 years had a big part of it. So sad :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:26 PM
what i dont get was he said he was angry for three years about stuff and wanted it all fixed in a matter of months. i mean come on. it doesn't work like that.

Quoting Anonymous: It's possible.

My sisters friends dad just did and the woman he called wife for 20 years had a big part of it. So sad :(
gradysmom2006
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:26 PM
No. Not in this scenario. I think in extreme abuse or major bullying, yes. Or if someone reaches out for help and they are ignored or even told their thoughts are "stupid" it may push them further. But this seems like a wife heartbroken over a broken marriage.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:28 PM
She is an adult and she made her own choices. Yes it seems she was invested. But you don't stay where you aren't loved and wanted and adults have the option to fix their issues. He didn't tell her to kill herself...he just did what most people do in a seperation...flip flop. She was weak minded and decided to end it. My comments in no way are meant to be disrespectful to this woman.

Quoting Anonymous: it kind of seems like he was bullying her in a way. if he had just left i would think it was too much but he kept coming back and leaving again. i can't imagine what that would be like. especially because he knew she wanted to work things out.

Quoting Anonymous: In this instance i would say not. It's different when a teen is bullied mercilessly and sees no other way out. She could have gotten into couseling and moved on with her life.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)