Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'll pass on the trip.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
Originally my dad said he wanted to take 4-5 days with me, my 4 kids, 2 sisters, possibly my husband and maybe my mom. It would be at a small amusement park. Now he wants to do a 1 day trip with my brothers ex girlfriend, their 1 daughter, her 3 other kids and her boyfriends kid. I said no thanks.
I have no desire to be in a group with 9 kids 5 of which I don't know. I said we will make a day together like originally planned. My dad is now irritated.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chris030406
by anonsneednotreply on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Has he already paid for everyone, maybe? I would be mad, too, if I was trying to organize a family thing and someone backed out after I already had the details worked out.

Maybe he's disappointed bc you're his child and he wants you to suck it up to see him.
raindrop.smiles
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:17 PM
Eh, I'd go. Good way to get to know all of them and have fun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IAmBejeweled
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:18 PM

He's the one who changed the plans without checking with anyone first.

Quoting Chris030406: Has he already paid for everyone, maybe? I would be mad, too, if I was trying to organize a family thing and someone backed out after I already had the details worked out. Maybe he's disappointed bc you're his child and he wants you to suck it up to see him.

IAmBejeweled
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:19 PM

Why do you need to get to know your brothers ex girlfriend, her kids, and the kid of her current bf?

Quoting raindrop.smiles: Eh, I'd go. Good way to get to know all of them and have fun.

RazzleMySpazz
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:22 PM
I don't get why it's a problem to be around other peoples kids???
Chris030406
by anonsneednotreply on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:26 PM
They're his plans to change. Grow up.

Quoting IAmBejeweled:

He's the one who changed the plans without checking with anyone first.

Quoting Chris030406: Has he already paid for everyone, maybe? I would be mad, too, if I was trying to organize a family thing and someone backed out after I already had the details worked out. Maybe he's disappointed bc you're his child and he wants you to suck it up to see him.

Tgant731
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:29 PM

He has a right to change his plans, but you also have the right to opt out if you don't like the changes.

I wouldn't go either. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:32 PM
Quoting Chris030406: Has he already paid for everyone, maybe? I would be mad, too, if I was trying to organize a family thing and someone backed out after I already had the details worked out.

Maybe he's disappointed bc you're his child and he wants you to suck it up to see him.
nothing was paid for. I haven't seen the ex girlfriend or her kid in like 11-12 years and would never see them again for who knows how long if ever.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:33 PM
Quoting RazzleMySpazz: I don't get why it's a problem to be around other peoples kids???
i have no desire to spend all that time with 4 kids under 6. 3 of which never behave by admission of the mom.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:34 PM
Quoting IAmBejeweled:

Why do you need to get to know your brothers ex girlfriend, her kids, and the kid of her current bf?

Quoting raindrop.smiles: Eh, I'd go. Good way to get to know all of them and have fun.

thats my thoughts. I haven't seen her or her daughter in like 10-11 years.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)