Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My child's friend brought roaches to my house.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies
My DD had a bonding sleep over for her cheer team last weekend...& one of the girls had a roach in her bag...we didn't know which one it was we just know it came from one of them, I've seen 3 roaches in my home since! & my home has NEVER had roaches! Everything is clean! Soo clean you could eat off my kitchen floor...Since then I've scrubbed & washed EVERYTHING in my house, & I bought these bomb foggers,that's supposed to kill all bugs,then today her mom hosted the parents meeting at her house & guess what? ROACHES! I saw at least like 50 of em! They were all over the walls & kitchen floors! Idk what to do, I'm the coaches Assistant and most of the sleepovers & gatherings are hosted at my house(the coach lives in an apartment & she can't have gatherings like that because the noise will disturb the neighbors).... I don't want to be rude but I don't want her brining any bags into my house... What should I do
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 28, 2014 at 2:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 28, 2014 at 2:34 AM
I would stop hosting sleep overs. Also diggers won't work the bait you get from an exterminator is the best.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 28, 2014 at 2:36 AM
Thank you, im gonna contact one this week, I was just paranoid soo I tried anything

Quoting Anonymous: I would stop hosting sleep overs. Also diggers won't work the bait you get from an exterminator is the best.
purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 2:36 AM
Offer to help her debug. She might be overwhelmed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 28, 2014 at 2:38 AM

It would be embarrasing to single the girl out, so I would stop having sleep overs....that's pretty gross and if I had roaches I would be too embarrased to have anything at my house. People just dont care anymore.....

the_dude
by abides on Jul. 28, 2014 at 2:38 AM
5 moms liked this
There, are some...inconsistencies...in your story...

*skeptical dude is skeptical*
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 28, 2014 at 2:38 AM
It's ok I got them from a nasty apt neighbor. We shared a kitchen wall and all they did was spray for a year and no diff. But I moved and had the new place treated he baited and within days they were gone. And never saw another.

Quoting Anonymous: Thank you, im gonna contact one this week, I was just paranoid soo I tried anything

Quoting Anonymous: I would stop hosting sleep overs. Also diggers won't work the bait you get from an exterminator is the best.
JulietAngel89
by Platinum Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 2:39 AM

Roaches are crazy hard to get rid of. I rememer as a child I had them in my house. They were so gross.

Since moving out I have never had a roach but lately I have seen a few.. I am trying to find where they live but so far cant find them :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 28, 2014 at 2:40 AM
My grandma got some in her house off my sons stuff after we got them from a nasty apt neighbors.

Quoting the_dude: There, are some...inconsistencies...in your story...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 28, 2014 at 2:41 AM
How

Quoting the_dude: There, are some...inconsistencies...in your story...

smjones85
by New Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 2:41 AM
Get a quarterly service. Bombs only force them into the walls and when it wears off they come back out. Plus the stuff exterminators use is not dangerous to pets and kids generally and if it is they put it in corners and stuff so it's harder to get to. Once you see them in the day get a exterminator out there ASAP as it will only get worse.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN