Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Christians and dinosaurs

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
Funky title name. Couldn't think if anything more creative.
Anyway, I just want to know where Christians stand as far as dinosaurs? Does the bible talk about these creatures? Evidently these things DID exist, but why, how, and when?

Its like Everything was perfectly formed and created. Adam and Eve, their children, and their children's children and then boom!! Dinosaurs.
Idk. Kind of weird that these things even existed
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 28, 2014 at 5:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 28, 2014 at 5:12 AM

petie1104
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 5:16 AM
3 moms liked this

That completely depends on what Christian you ask.

For instance, some believe that the six day creation is true, except that it was on an old planet.  

Some believe that dinosaurs roamed the earth alongside people. 

Others believe that the creation story is simply a metaphor.

Others believe that each "day" is actually an undetermined time period that passed before the next "day" began

And yet another view I have seen is that dinosaur bones were placed by God to test our faith. 

So, asking how Christians see things, is like asking how brunettes feel about republicans.  It completely depends on the individual person as to how they interpret the bible.

Browncoat4eva
by Mackenzie on Jul. 28, 2014 at 5:24 AM

Most Christians I know accept evolution. So it's not a problem.

But I've known more than a few Creationists who take the Bible literally and believe dinos and man co-existed as little as 4,000 years ago.

The Bible does mention behemoth and leviathan, and some interpret it to mean dinosaurs, which Creationists often believe were vegetarians until man was expelled from the Garden of Eden and that they died in the flood. 

And I've known a couple of Christian (this is way back when I used to attend a Pentacostal church that was pretty extreme), who believe dinosaur bones were hidden by Satan to trick people into believing evolution. :o/ 

I saw one Christian website saying dinos were still alive in the jungles of Africa but I couldn't tell if it was just a satirical site or if they were serious. 

~ not a Christian anymore myself, but this is my experience.

Peace, and all that jazz...

~Mackenzie 

a Browncoat4eva 

...I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch me soar...

AmandaMichele
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 5:33 AM
1 mom liked this
I watched a cartoon ad a child. It was Noah loading up all the animals. The animals were standing 2 by 2 and the dinosaur was carrying her egg. The other animals were making fun of her and made her drop and break her egg so she wasn't allowed on the ship and the was the extinction of the dinosaurs. It was a very very sad thing to watch as a child.

As a Christian I know dinosaurs existed. Obviously. I guess I fall in the " Others believe that each "day" is actually an undetermined time period that passed before the next "day" began" category. I don't see how one can deny dinosaurs existed and have never met anyone who believed they didn't.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 28, 2014 at 5:49 AM

Dinosaurs are talked about in the Bible. They are called dragons. Read on. Fill your head with knowledge.

seemommyrun
by Sue daNim on Jul. 28, 2014 at 5:55 AM

Ask Ken Ham.  He seems to think he is the authority on creation.  Real genius, that guy.  :/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:13 AM
Dinosaurs were real.....the bible is a book of stories. Most Christians ignore reality for those stories. If the bible said there were no such things as dinosaurs, Christians would believe it.
CamJen
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:17 AM
I'm a Christian and believe they existed.
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:23 AM
1 mom liked this
This is just not even a little true. It implies that the Bible contradicts "reality," which is not the case. Archaeologically speaking, the Bible is a sound historical guide. Christians are educated and scientific just like anyone else; the only thing called into question is origin theory that states that all of creation happened unguided and unplanned. Considering the amount of evidence for at least a supernatural participation in history, Christians are not the ones blinding themselves to the possibilities.

Quoting Anonymous: Dinosaurs were real.....the bible is a book of stories. Most Christians ignore reality for those stories. If the bible said there were no such things as dinosaurs, Christians would believe it.
CrimsonRadiance
by Platinum Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Here is what I believe... There were dinosaurs. The Bible actually talks about them (not called dinosaurs, but it does describe creatures like them)

But, I also believe that the "6-days" to create Earth isn't what we think either... There is nothing that requires us to read it as six 24-hours in the Bible. God's time is nothing like ours. An hour for us, could be 100's of years to Him.

So, my personal belief is that yes, there were Dinosaur s, and they did walk the Earth before humans.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN