Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How long did you know him before you got pregnant?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 781 Replies

Do you think that there is such a thing as having a baby too soon into a relationship? One of my best friends who is a male, got dumped by his gf of about 4 years not so long ago. He has met another girl, has know her literally two months and she is 6 weeks pregnant. He says he is so happy, and that everything seems just right and that it was meant to be. I'm a hopeless romantic and have always believed in love at first sight etc. But having an 8 month old baby myself and knowing how much of a strain it puts on a relationship - I can't help but feeling like he's just a tad mental!!

How long did you wait before having a baby? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cocomicah
by time lord on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:33 AM
2 moms liked this
Over 2 years and a marriage lol
liveforever
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:35 AM
4 moms liked this

A couple of weeks. Dd was definitely not planned.

I had a friend who dated a guy for 3 months and then planned a baby. They barely lasted 2 years. It can work out for some people, but I would never plan a baby so early on in a relationship.  The odds are against you.

Gianna2014
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:35 AM

I met my ex-fiance in March of 2011, we started dating in October of that year, and I'm due with our first and only child in September. We broke up the month I got pregnant.

Willis_Mommie
Over 3 years..that's how long we were together before I had my twins
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmyboysjj
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:35 AM
With my ex husband we were together over a year before I got pregnant...lasted 6 years and we had another child. With my current SO we were together 4 years before I got pregnant.
happymommy1105
1 mom liked this
6 years. Had been together for 4 years at that point.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:36 AM
I got pregnant the first time about a month after dating, I had a miscarriage. Got pregnant with DS1 4 months after that so we were dating 6 months at that point and were engaged and planning our wedding by then. We were friends for a about a year before we even dated so it wasn't like he was a complete stranger I just met and started dating.
redneckmomma07
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:37 AM
1 mom liked this
2 1/2 years
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:37 AM
3 moms liked this
We we together 10 years, married for 9, when we had DS.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:37 AM
2 moms liked this
A month, got an abortion. 4 years in and happily married with one child now though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)