Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

smoking in public

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 97 Replies
When did it become acceptable in this country to shame people for smoking? I get it, it's disgusting and will more than likely kill me but I don't need you to tell me that.

I was sitting in a designated outdoor smoking area and had a woman come up to me and tell me how bad smoking is for me and then asked me to put it out because it smelled really bad, even though I was in the designated area. I don't get it. There were multiple other places she and her date could have sat at.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KristaP13
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:56 AM
2 moms liked this

Some people are just assholes.

I hope you told her no and pointed at the designated smoking area sign. 

Ginger0104
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:57 AM

There's always going to be assholes who comment on stuff they need to mind their business over. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:57 AM
Of course I did. I just don't understand why it's ok to do that to smokers but if you did it to a fat person you would be Satan.

Quoting KristaP13:

my.sonshine
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:57 AM
2 moms liked this
some people abuse the right to be stupid.
mlg1989
by ZombieMegg on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:58 AM
Some people are just assholes who think they can dictate the way other people choose to live. Yeah, no duh it's not good for you and some people hate the smell, but you are following the rules and she should mind her own business.
KristaP13
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 11:00 AM

It's not ok to do either one of those things.  I would classify the people doing either as the same special kind of asshole. 

Quoting Anonymous: Of course I did. I just don't understand why it's ok to do that to smokers but if you did it to a fat person you would be Satan.
Quoting KristaP13:

AlexSosa
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 11:06 AM

I dont smoke, and hate the smell, but I have never had an issue with anyone smoking in a public area accept when I was at a restaurant waiting outside. I man sat in the middle of the outside benches, which were the only seats available and started smoking in front of my son and quadruplets. Im sorry, but if you see children you should try to stand down wind from them. Especially if they were there first. Im not going to tell you what to do, but that was rude, thats the health and safety of young children.

januaryqueen
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 11:07 AM

Eh. I just avoid smoking areas. I think we all probably have an unhealthy habit or two. For some people it's smoking. When I get over my love of food and finger popping habits, then I'll worry about people who like to smoke.

hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 11:12 AM
What that women did isn't acceptable.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 28, 2014 at 11:14 AM
So many people don't seem to realize that anymore. It's like you're a lower human being just because you smoke.

Quoting hautemama83: What that women did isn't acceptable.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)