Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Daycare is potty training my son

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
Yes they are, he is 3 1/2 and they agreed to help potty train. He is very smart, knows what to do, he is just stubborn and doesn't want to do it. So the daycare and I made a deal, I send him in underwear with a bunch of changes of clothes and they take him to the potty every 30 min. Hopefully he catches on quick, like I said he is very smart he just does not want to go potty. Of course we will also be doing this at home but at night and if we are out somewhere I will still put him in a pull up. I'm hoping it only takes a few days for him to catch on. He has been going potty with the other kids for months but today is the first time I sent him in underwear and not pull ups.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 28, 2014 at 11:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 11:33 AM
My home sitter helped with DS. When I told her we had started she helped by having him sit on the potty throughout the day. I started sending DS without pull-ups at age 3, and only a few accidents occurred. Now it's all a thing of the past.
mojogirl
by Alice Liddell on Jul. 28, 2014 at 11:36 AM

good luck! that's great that daycare is willing to help!  they sound like a keeper!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 28, 2014 at 11:41 AM

Oh they are awesome, I switched him from a different daycare around January and they are so much better. The extra $$ and the extra drive is so worth it. I feel like my child is safe and protected (they have a code to get in the door and cameras in the rooms) my child LOVES daycare, and I am even sending my older son for the summer and he loves it too (the older kids do 2 field trips a week and water play weekly, its great for them)

Quoting mojogirl:

good luck! that's great that daycare is willing to help!  they sound like a keeper!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 28, 2014 at 11:42 AM

That's awesome!

Quoting KairisMama: My home sitter helped with DS. When I told her we had started she helped by having him sit on the potty throughout the day. I started sending DS without pull-ups at age 3, and only a few accidents occurred. Now it's all a thing of the past.

zacmacsmomm
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 11:43 AM

With my son, the day after he turned 3, I took the diaper off and put underware on.  Only used diapers at night.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 28, 2014 at 3:13 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 28, 2014 at 3:15 PM
I'd skip the Pull-Ups when out. It'll just confuse him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 28, 2014 at 3:21 PM

I might, I was going to get some of those vinyl/plastic training pants but couldn't find them at Target. I really don't want him having an accident in the middle of grocery shopping or something.

Quoting Anonymous: I'd skip the Pull-Ups when out. It'll just confuse him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 28, 2014 at 5:32 PM

bump

tink887
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 5:37 PM
That's cool you need help sometimes
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)