Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

White Conservatives Going Insane Over Adult Swim’s ‘Black Jesus’

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 5:40 PM
  • 118 Replies
1 mom liked this
Jesus is coming back, folks! From Aaron McGruder, creator of The Boondocks, comes Black Jesus–and it sure is pissing white people off! McGruder will not be a part of season four of Boondocks, but fans can enjoy his unique style of humor in his new show–which, of course, is considered an affront to Christianity by some.

The right-wing American Family Association is one entity that is not in any way happy with the show’s premise and is urging advertisers to boycott it.

One Million Moms leads the conservative charge against the show with claims that “Black Jesus” is another attempt to distort the truth about Christianity.” The group says that “The late night programming on the Cartoon Network, known as Adult Swim, plans to air the non-animated show “Black Jesus” portraying Jesus as a “black guy living in the hood.” The show depicts him living in Compton Gardens and makes a mockery of our Lord. The foul language used in the trailer, including using the Lord’s name in vain, is disgusting. In addition, there is violence, gunfire and other inappropriate gestures which completely misrepresent Jesus. This is blasphemy!”

The AFA took up One Million Moms’ fight, urging those on its mailing list to e-mail TBS and Cartoon Network executives the following:

Dear President Levy and President Miller:

I am disappointed that TBS’ Cartoon Network and Adult Swim plans to air “Black Jesus.”

We are told in Hebrews that “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.” Obviously, “Black Jesus’ makes a mockery of the Christian faith. It would be beneficial to all if TBS and Adult Swim showed a little more respect for Christians who believe the Bible.

I am joining others in asking you to cancel plans to air this show.

I know that American Family Association will keep us posted on which companies underwrite this program with advertising. I am prepared to contact them personally and urge them to pull all commercial support from the Cartoon Network.

Conservatives have swarmed the “Black Jesus” Facebook page to voice their disapproval for the mocha-colored protagonist–and nothing is funnier than watching white people complain about a non-white Jesus..right, Megyn Kelly?

http://aattp.org/white-conservatives-going-insane-over-adult-swims-black-jesus-videoscreenshots/
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 5:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
couture-mommy
by She.Me.Her on Jul. 28, 2014 at 5:43 PM
I couldn't copy and paste the stupid twitter replies
fairymom82
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 5:45 PM
6 moms liked this
But its okay for the christians to rob from other religion, hate gay people and try to destroy my rights as a woman? Pfft!
SuchAKillJoy
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 5:46 PM
10 moms liked this
Jesus wasn't white either so its not like we haven't been making a mockery of the man for ages now.
couture-mommy
by She.Me.Her on Jul. 28, 2014 at 5:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Parole get mad at the wrong shit

A T.V show is nothing to be pissed at. The things you listed are

Quoting fairymom82: But its okay for the christians to rob from other religion, hate gay people and try to destroy my rights as a woman? Pfft!
couture-mommy
by She.Me.Her on Jul. 28, 2014 at 5:47 PM
EXACTLY.
He was a person of color

Quoting SuchAKillJoy: Jesus wasn't white either so its not like we haven't been making a mockery of the man for ages now.
Superlaura328
by Platinum Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 5:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds fucking hilarious, tho. Love me some Boondocks. 

smalltownteddy
by Fletcher on Jul. 28, 2014 at 5:48 PM
1 mom liked this
BUT JESUS WAS WHITE BECAUSE I'M WHITE SO WHITE IS BETTER. FUCK YOU ADULT SWIM. OMM (actually roughly a couple thousand moms but who cares? You don't have to be able to count to make a point!)
teenkabear
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I love The Boondocks, and I plan on watching The Black Jesus when it comes on because it looks hilarious in the previews.  I'm even going to let my kids watch it.  How scandalous!

Adult Swim will not give one single fuck about the petition and will air it anyway, because that's just how they are. lol

couture-mommy
by She.Me.Her on Jul. 28, 2014 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Meeee toooooo

Quoting Superlaura328:

Sounds fucking hilarious, tho. Love me some Boondocks. 

couture-mommy
by She.Me.Her on Jul. 28, 2014 at 5:50 PM
Isn't it sad?
Lol

Quoting smalltownteddy: BUT JESUS WAS WHITE BECAUSE I'M WHITE SO WHITE IS BETTER. FUCK YOU ADULT SWIM. OMM (actually roughly a couple thousand moms but who cares? You don't have to be able to count to make a point!)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN