Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

im a breastfeeding mom who receives wic

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 87 Replies
so I was at the grocery store getting baby food with wic. the cashier was really chatty and playing peekaboo with the baby until she got to the baby meats part then she asks me why is it that not a lot of people get the meats. I told her it is only on the exclusively breastfeeding package after that she had a kinda weird look on her face and stopped talking.

is breastfeeding such a taboo thing that you are not to mention in public?

oh and for you wonderful ladies who will bash next month will be our last month because dh is getting an awesome new job!
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sammi20
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:17 PM

So if I tell them I exclusively breastfeed they will give me meat for me? or do you mean  those gross baby meat jars?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:19 PM
Yeah baby meats. this is the first month getting the meats so we will see. I got the ones in broth vs gravy

Quoting Sammi20:

So if I tell them I exclusively breastfeed they will give me meat for me? or do you mean  those gross baby meat jars?

mrsmoonbeam
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:19 PM
Some people think so. its stupid. and no bashing here
RazzleMySpazz
by spaztastic on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Congrats on your husbands new job!!!

And I bf so I obviously don't think it's taboo, I've talked about it with friends out in public, but I've never had an occasion where I would talk about it with a random stranger but I don't think it's some weird topic to avoid in public.....

Maybe you caught the cashier off guard because she didn't know there were special Breastfeeding programs with WIC??
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I knew nothing about the WIC program until I got on CM. I would never have had children before I could afford them though. I am sure the cashier could care less what you people do. 

Sammi20
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:22 PM
2 moms liked this

bleh lol I don't think DD Ever ate those meats.. They just look so nasty and she was happy with the fruits and veggies s it worked out.. She was also breastfed And formulafed though. I don't know why talking about breastfeeding would be taboo.. it's natural.. it's what you are supposed to do.. Not everyone can, but what an odd cashier lol

Quoting Anonymous: Yeah baby meats. this is the first month getting the meats so we will see. I got the ones in broth vs gravy
Quoting Sammi20:

Ginger0104
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:23 PM

I think it's probably more that she was judgemental because you're using WIC. 

Jarred baby meats look and smell like catfood. 

Congrats on your dh's new job!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:23 PM

so your dh has a good job now?  Where is your good job?

yksmom
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:24 PM
Once I had a customer return a pregnancy test. I asked if there was anything wrong with it. She said she "didn't need it anymore". I said "oh" and did not say one more extra word until she was gone. It wasn't that periods made me uncomfortable - it was just that I was caught off guard because I didn't intend to ask her a personal question.
the_dude
by abides on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this

she probably doesn't understand why breastfed babies need the nutrients the meat contains..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN