Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ebola outbreak in the Africa

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:49 PM
  • 55 Replies

Fixed it, sorry I didn't know the right info and thanks for the notification :D whoopsie

by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:52 PM
The two Americans were in Africa I heard- one was the main doctor there-
the.B.karma
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:52 PM

Haven't heard that at all - last I knew there was Americans infected abroad, but not here.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:54 PM

Yes two Americans in Africa. One doctor and a nurse. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:56 PM
1 mom liked this
LIBERIA -- An Ebola outbreak that has killed more than 670 people in Africa is now taking a toll on the doctors, healthcare workers and missionaries battling the deadly disease.

Samaritan's Purse spokeswoman, Melissa Strickland, tells WCNC Charlotte a missionary with SIM, a missionary group working in conjunction with Samaritan's Purse, is the second U.S. citizen working in Liberia to test positive for the Ebola virus. That missionary is Charlotte resident Nancy Writebol. According to SIM's website, Nancy and her husband David both serve the group in Liberia; David serves as the technical services manager at SIM's Radio ELWA complex, while Nancy serves as a personnel coordinator. The couple has two children.

SIM reports Nancy was working in Monrovia when she tested positive for the virus. She is currently undergoing treatment at the isolation center at ELWA.

An American doctor who has been working in Liberia since October 2013 for the Boone, North Carolina-based aid organization Samaritan's Purse is now receiving intensive medical treatment after he was infected with Ebola, according to a spokeswoman for the organization.

A government official in Liberia said Sunday that one of that country's highest-profile doctors has died in what the World Health Organization says is the largest recorded outbreak of the disease.
lovey75
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:56 PM
Not here... in Africa!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:56 PM
They're in Africa I thought.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Way to start an freak out lol. At least it seems the majority here realize it's in Africa.

skittlefart
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:59 PM

Lol well I didn't know that's why I was asking about it. I had it on for a few minutes then changed the channel for ds since he wanted to watch tv. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Way to start an freak out lol. At least it seems the majority here realize it's in Africa.

ILovemyPaulie
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:59 PM

They are Americans that have been infected but are not here in the USA.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:00 PM
Not in the US. Two Americans contracted it, but they are quarantined in West Africa.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN