Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I wouldnt have kids until I can afford them....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 129 Replies

so maybe they have income of 30k (in a low cost of living area) but because  few yrs later they fell on hard times and had to use some gov asst for a few months. its "you shouldnt of had kids until you could afford them"  

what is "affording" kids mean? is there one set income bracket? you need to make X amount or you cant afford kids...? 

I get some have different views of comfortable living. but thats just it. others have different views on comfortable living!

we make 23k and live comfortable for US.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:57 PM

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:57 PM
9 moms liked this

Saying you shouldn't have kids until you can afford them means YOU pay for them, not the government.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:57 PM
Where do you live that 23k pays for everything you need? I'm not even saying wants.
autiemama516
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:58 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Saying you shouldn't have kids until you can afford them means YOU pay for them, not the government.

This exactly

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I think they mean you shouldhave kids and get PA.

MommeeTo4
by &1more on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:59 PM
5 moms liked this
Everyone's idea of comfortable living is different. While I am happy living in a humble home and driving a car that is an older model, others would snub their noses at me, and some would want to have what I have.

Imo as long as you can put food in their mouths, clothes on their backs and a roof over their head you are doing a good job
ELKmountain.mom
by Peepers on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this

It's always interesting to see what people assume. Our first son was born when we were 19, that comes with so many stereotypes and preconceived ideals but I think most would be surprised at how prepared we were. 

I think people just have to do what they feel is best and not worry about others.

Medic32
by RN=Rescue Ninja on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:02 PM
2 moms liked this
Most people mean being able to provide basic needs.

Falling on hard times is a little different than purposefully (and yes not preventing is purposefully) conceiving kids when you can't even support yourself or the ones you have.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:03 PM
I know these women are a little crazy..........We make combined, $160,000.00 and I still feel we cannot afford ours, lol!! I'll never get to retire!!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:03 PM

im in Canada

Quoting Anonymous: Where do you live that 23k pays for everything you need? I'm not even saying wants.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN