Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Abortion.

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:44 PM
  • 25 Replies
I have never had one, nor do I plan on getting one. But, I also don't care if you have. I just have a question. I often see women here posting happy stories about their abortions. Is there anyone here that regrets/resents that decision? Just curious.
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:47 PM
My dad forced me to abort his child. I regret not being able to make the decision myself thus the abortion does hold some degree of guilt if that makes sense. Logically, I know that the abortion was the right choice made by the wrong person. It's really hard for me to answer this question but there you have it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:49 PM

I don't regret it, not once. I do feel sad that my only chance to have a baby was spent on a time I never wanted children. I can't say I regret my choice but if I had to do it over I would have kept her. It was a date rape situation, and I waiting until I was almost six months pregnant to abort, this was in another country so it was legal to have a late term abortion. I know I was having a girl because I thought about keeping the baby several times. 

Some good did come from it. I couldn't have children so I adopted a child from the American foster care system. 

Garnetmommyof2
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:50 PM
I am so sorry to hear that! I hope that you find peace and comfort. I am almost at a loss for words. Thank you for sharing this. I know it must be hard!

Quoting Anonymous: My dad forced me to abort his child. I regret not being able to make the decision myself thus the abortion does hold some degree of guilt if that makes sense. Logically, I know that the abortion was the right choice made by the wrong person. It's really hard for me to answer this question but there you have it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:50 PM

I do.  I had one about 10 years ago.  I regret it everyday.  It was the worst decision I have ever made by far. 

ame85
by Chemistry cat on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I made the choice to keep my DD, don't regret it.

Bump!
KylesWifey
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:52 PM
2 moms liked this
I made the choice to keep my babies and i dont regret it!

Heres a bump for ya!
Clara78
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I've had two and zero regrets
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:55 PM
I don't. But I do know someone who does. She had 3 before 18 and now has a hard time carrying to term.
Garnetmommyof2
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:55 PM
Awesome that you adopted. It seems as if you are coming to peace with yourself. Thank you for sharing.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't regret it, not once. I do feel sad that my only chance to have a baby was spent on a time I never wanted children. I can't say I regret my choice but if I had to do it over I would have kept her. It was a date rape situation, and I waiting until I was almost six months pregnant to abort, this was in another country so it was legal to have a late term abortion. I know I was having a girl because I thought about keeping the baby several times. 

Some good did come from it. I couldn't have children so I adopted a child from the American foster care system. 

Garnetmommyof2
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:56 PM
Sorry to hear it :( would you mind sharing?

Quoting Anonymous:

I do.  I had one about 10 years ago.  I regret it everyday.  It was the worst decision I have ever made by far. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)