Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you were my wedding guest, how would you feel if....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

You were only invited to the wedding ceremony but not the reception...would you still attend ? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:44 PM
Replies (451-460):
elk571
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:57 PM
I would probably attend still if I knew u well and it were nearby and it didn't mean I was skipping something else important. But I would still be confused and a little hurt. R u still expecting a gift? R u doing it for a valid reason like there will be lots if alcohol and the person has been a severe recovering alcoholic or do u just not want to pay for their dinner? If so I might not be so upset and stay away but if not I might choose not to come at all...
dancer
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:59 PM

I would be mad and hurt. If I really wanted to see the ceremony,I would go and sit where they could not see me.

propswife
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:56 PM

What is the purpose of inviting people to the ceremony only? 

The only reason that I can fathom is if you have friends and relatives that don't approve of what is going on at the reception like drinking and dancing.  If that is the case, do a cake and punch at the wedding venue and have a separate invitation for a "party" later or even a different day.

Mweddle
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:56 PM

I would not attend

Anonymous
by Anonymous 80 on Jul. 31, 2014 at 12:19 AM
Hell no if I'm good enough to go to the wedding how come i not good enough to go to the reception and if its cause of money then you should just have one for the family
Anonymous
by Anonymous 81 on Jul. 31, 2014 at 12:23 AM

Insulted.

Like you were angling for a gift but didn't really want my presence.

AnonoMiss
by Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 11:28 AM

I'd feel like you truly get me. I'd have the thoughtful unvitation to feel included without the guilt that accompanies not wanting to go. In truth,  I'd like it more if you sent out announcements with a sweet photo AFTER the wedding, but I digress.  

Couples should do what makes them happy.

high five

Skye24
by Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 8:06 AM

No I love receptions --weddings --not so much

BlueSc00ter
by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:55 AM

I have heard of being invited to the ceremony, and the "reception", but not the dinner...like some people have only family at the dinner, but then the reception is friends also.

Diane1223
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 10:18 PM

Maybe..that is just weird.  My co worker's daughter sent me a save the date for her wedding in Nov., but they just had her shower and I was not invited.  I thought that was weird.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)