Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She has a MEXICAN baby!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 71 Replies
1 mom liked this
A single/unwed family member recently had a baby. Her pregnancy was a scandal all on its own, but the biggest shock of all was when he came out with black hair and dark skin. I guess everyone was expecting a white baby or something, lol. It honestly doesn't bother me, and I never even thought about it 'till my mother pointed it out. She said something to the affect of, "did you notice so-and-so's baby is Mexican?" I tried my best to deflect, but my mom said she's not racist or anything...just pointing it out. Ok, I can see how someone of her generation would think it's acceptable to point it out at least once. But it didn't stop there. Every single time the subject of so-and-so comes up, my mom feels the need to point out the fact that her baby's Mexican. And no matter how many times I tell her to cut it out, she tries to make it out like it was relevant to the conversation, and it doesn't make her racist.

I'm about ready to slap her the next time she does it.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 29, 2014 at 2:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angelenia
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 2:25 AM
1 mom liked this
My mother is so ashamed that i am half Mexican, that she pretends my bio dad was just a druggy hoodlum and that is why i have never met him:( give your mom a smack upside the head for me.. She ( my mom) doesn't know that *i* know the truth.
uhhnogirl
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 2:27 AM
Unacceptable.
Crashly
by Ashley on Jul. 29, 2014 at 2:28 AM
2 moms liked this
That's odd to me. The two half Mexican babies I know weren't clearly Mexican until they were a few months old. I'm sure this isn't always the case.

I would tell her that everyone already knows what she thinks and she can be quiet about it at anytime.
sparkle_monkey
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 2:28 AM
3 moms liked this

So the baby has Mexican citizenship?!?  If not, I hope you are aware that the baby is Mexican-American or of Mexican decent.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 29, 2014 at 2:29 AM

not cool

thejodigirl
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 2:29 AM
4 moms liked this

So the baby has dark hair and brown skin. MUST be Mexican. Baby could be a lot of things. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 29, 2014 at 2:30 AM
That is sad. : ( I wonder why she was with him? Maybe her shame is because she's worried about others? My aunt won't tell people she had a baby with a black man. She gave her up because she was afraid and very young.

Quoting angelenia: My mother is so ashamed that i am half Mexican, that she pretends my bio dad was just a druggy hoodlum and that is why i have never met him:( give your mom a smack upside the head for me.. She ( my mom) doesn't know that *i* know the truth.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 29, 2014 at 2:33 AM
Lmao omg, as a mexican, I find it hilarious how some white people are about a white moms babies not being fully white. Like it's such a huge deal and they're in shock for the rest of their lives.
hyper_bunny
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 2:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh wow our moms sound a lot alike. My father is half but looks full and my mom always says "your only a quarter so it doesn't count" as if she's relieved. It's really annoying.

Quoting angelenia: My mother is so ashamed that i am half Mexican, that she pretends my bio dad was just a druggy hoodlum and that is why i have never met him:( give your mom a smack upside the head for me.. She ( my mom) doesn't know that *i* know the truth.
elzmnsf
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 2:36 AM
5 moms liked this

Quoting thejodigirl:

So the baby has dark hair and brown skin. MUST be Mexican. Baby could be a lot of things. 

No, not possible!! That description ONLY fits Mexicans.... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)