Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I wonder if a lot of people who are Christians have had a rather nice life?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 72 Replies

I know I phrased that odd but I know quite a few "Christians". They are nice people but very devout and pretty much always have been.

They are all white, middle class, privately educated, university graduates, plenty of money, nice jobs, one SAHM.

It must be easier to have faith in God if you've had a nice life? hmm

I'd like to believe but I'm not sure I can.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 29, 2014 at 10:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
codfish
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 10:25 AM
4 moms liked this
I am a Christian and no my life has not been a cakewalk.

Honestly sometimes the only thing that has gotten me through is my deep faith. I know every bump in the journey is for a reason.
ladyvamp5489
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I was raised in a Christian home and grew up VERY poor, my dad was a missionary and we lived how the indians did, we lived on the reservation. We had to haul water, use an outhouse, butcher our food. My family is Christian now, and we are very low income, dont even have a car as we cant afford one. We have a happy life and we are a strang close family, but we dont have money.Our riches are waiting for us in Heaven and we are happy with that.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 10:27 AM
I've had a pretty rough childhood. I am Christian and always have been. There are Christians in China that are persecuted, in other countries, too. They don't have a great life but still believe.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jul. 29, 2014 at 10:28 AM
I'm Christian and I've definitely had some bumps on my road.
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 10:28 AM
2 moms liked this
Why don't you expand this question to Muslims and Pagans? Anyone of any faith? It is all based on the same idea of a higher power of some sort.
ame85
by Chemistry cat on Jul. 29, 2014 at 10:31 AM
I came to Christianity while battling depression in middle school. My life up to that point was not east, no. We were very poor and my parents were both alcoholic and abusive.
weeping_angel
by Don't Blink on Jul. 29, 2014 at 10:34 AM

I am very blessed in life. I am a Christian. IDK why some people have it good and some don't

TB78
by Tasha on Jul. 29, 2014 at 10:34 AM

I am a christian and I know first hand that going through this life will not be easy. If it was then everyone would be joining and those who join assuming that would be the case, have all gotten a Rude awakening.

mary716
by Ruby Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 10:34 AM
I'm an atheist and my life, besides a few bumps here and there, is pretty darn good.
Spam72
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 10:35 AM
My kids go to public school until college. Other than that your description fits. Maybe god rewards us for faith ;)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)