Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't pay attention to prices when I shop...

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 1:07 PM
  • 79 Replies
Not entirely especially for things I buy on a regular basis like milk, bread, lunch meat. I do look at the prices of fruits to see what is a better deal but mostly I get what we need because I need it no matter what even if the price goes up a few cents.
by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Jul. 29, 2014 at 1:07 PM

Same

AvantGardener
by Song Bird on Jul. 29, 2014 at 1:08 PM

I don't look at prices for groceries either. I need them no matter what, so no point.

nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 1:09 PM
Same. I need them anyways so it doesn't really matter.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 29, 2014 at 1:09 PM
And....?
lizzie_ann
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 1:10 PM

I glance at the price of deli meat to see if something is on sale, but I'm going to buy something regardless of price. 

eztwins
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 1:10 PM
Same here. Food shopping is food shopping to me, there's no way around it so I just buy. And I hate food shopping so I'm not gonna store hop for best prices and make it more torturous lol
casah4
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 1:12 PM

I look at the price of different sizes of the same thing, because my Target LOVES to price the smaller container higher than the larger on lots of things. But other than that, I just get what we need.

Mom2Boys9501
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm the woman walking in the store using the calculator pricing everything then using the tip calculator to figure in taxes if something I get has tax.
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this
We also don't buy a whole lot of packaged stuff so really if apples are 30cents more then last week it's not like I can look for a different brand. The things we do buy packaged we have certain brands we like.

Quoting AvantGardener:

I don't look at prices for groceries either. I need them no matter what, so no point.

lanceandhailey
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 1:12 PM

I don't either, I have to look at the receipt if I want to know how much something cost. My husband will ask me how much it came to for a total and I'll have to look at the receipt lol

I usually don't know the price of gas because it doesn't matter, I need it anyway.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)