Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How did you announce your pregnancy to your older kid(s)?

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 1:30 PM
  • 16 Replies

The Stir is doing a story on the cute ways moms announced their pregnancy to their older kid(s). We'd love to see any photos that illustrate how you shared the news and/or hear your funny, sweet, memorable stories! Please also include your first name with your submission. Thanks in advance!

by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 1:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LoveNaCupcake
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this

We took my youngest to an ultrasound, we thought it would be special and he could tell the other two. Big mistake, he was so upset, he cried, he asked me to throw it up and then asked the ultrasound tech if she would like to buy the baby from him >.< thankfully my older two were excited. My youngest is still working on it....

skittlefart
by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 1:35 PM

DS was around 5 months when I told him he was going to be a big brother. It was new years day when I found out and I gave DF a 2 page note on how a great father he was and at the end it said "By the way, you're gonna be a daddy again...happy new years!" 
I caught the whole thing on video with the ipod and after DF read it out loud, it was quiet until DS said "Uh oh" ...He had never said it before so the timing was just perfect.  

- Caitlyn 

hollyann85
by Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 1:49 PM

I only have one child but my plan is to buy her a shirt that says "Big sister" and then tell her what it says (unless she can read by then). Then she'll wear the shirt to my parents/his parents to announce it there :)

MeAndTommyLee
by Ruby Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 1:51 PM
They just assumed I was pregnant. Lol
ambcortez
by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 3:02 PM

DS was 3, but I told him he was going to be a big brother and we read some books about babies.

Bresmom13
by Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 3:29 PM

They figured it out when we started bringing baby stuff home. lol They are teenagers so they dont miss a thing.

ArkansasMomma88
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 5:41 PM

My almost 2 year old somehow knew before we did...she walked around for 2 months talking about her "baby brother" we kept asking her what baby brother and she'd just giggle and run off, and then when I missed my period, I found out I was 9 weeks pregnant...I had a girl, but still, it was creepy that she knew a baby was coming.

aidensmom0407
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 6:24 PM

LOL!!! I'm sorry but that is adorable!! asking you to throw it up?!! HAHA!

Quoting LoveNaCupcake:

We took my youngest to an ultrasound, we thought it would be special and he could tell the other two. Big mistake, he was so upset, he cried, he asked me to throw it up and then asked the ultrasound tech if she would like to buy the baby from him >.< thankfully my older two were excited. My youngest is still working on it....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 29, 2014 at 6:27 PM

we are adopting so it's different. But we have been talking w/ our toddler son for the last year about baby coming home. Would you include a section on to announce when you're adopting? It would be nice of adoptive parents could have cute ways to announce too.

BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 6:30 PM
I showed them my test. My 5 year old took the cap off and poked it and my 8 year old said we need a bigger house.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN