Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

why not GET an ABORTION?!?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 105 Replies

Newborn baby found in the trash in Lancaster County, coroner says

Jeffrey A. Johnson | jjohnson@pennlive.comBy Jeffrey A. Johnson | jjohnson@pennlive.com 
Email the author | Follow on Twitter 
on July 29, 2014 at 1:57 PM, updated July 29, 2014 at 2:00 PM

A premature newborn child was found overnight Sunday in the trash in the New Holland area, Lancaster County Coroner Stephen Diamantoni confirmed Tuesday afternoon.

An autopsy was performed Monday on the child and the coroner's office is still working to determine a cause and manner of death.

Diamantoni stressed the autopsy did not determine whether the child was born alive or stillborn.

New Holland police are scheduled to confer at 2 p.m. Tuesday with officials from the Lancaster County District Attorney's Office. They will discuss at that point whether criminal charges will be filed in the case.

The location where the child was found had not been released as of early Tuesday afternoon. 

ETA more information from another source ;

The baby was premature when she was born, Diamantoni said. Examination showed the child was between 28 and 30 weeks gestation. A full-term pregnancy is 39 to 40 weeks gestation.

An autopsy was done Monday, but the coroner said all test results from it have not come back.

Cause and manner of the death are pending additional studies, he said.

Deputy Coroner Michael Falcone pronounced the baby dead at the scene but Diamantoni declined to reveal where that was.

New Holland police said Sgt. John Yanarella and Officer Tyler Fritz worked on the incident.

The woman’s family alerted authorities that she was having a psychiatric/emotional issue at 6:44 p.m. Sunday.

At that point, the family did not know about the baby in the trash, Bowers said. The baby was found in trash bag at a home. That bag had not been placed outside for collection, he said.

A source said the home was located along East Jackson Street, which runs south of and parallel to Main Street in New Holland.

Police conducted a criminal death investigation.

The mother was not in police custody Tuesday, Bowers said.

“We’re not concerned about fleeing,” he said.

“Part of our job is to keep the community safe,” he said. “The community is not in danger.”

The mother of the baby is receiving help from the county, the chief said. He declined to describe that help or say where she is receiving the assistance.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 29, 2014 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 29, 2014 at 2:23 PM

Iwould rather themhave aborted.

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Jul. 29, 2014 at 2:24 PM

It was probably a scared teen. 

whatssleep
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 2:26 PM
6 moms liked this
What I don't understand is there are Safe drop areas like the police dept, hospital, ect where you won't get in trouble for leaving a baby. So why don't people use them!?
danie24
by Ruby Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 2:27 PM
3 moms liked this

Maybe the baby was stillborn and she panicked.

Maybe she was too afraid of her parents, boyfriend, baby's father, etc.

Maybe she couldn't afford one.

Maybe she didn't have access to one.

It's a very sad situation no matter what the circumstances.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 29, 2014 at 2:29 PM
2 moms liked this

Me too !!!! 

I hate these stories and I just dont understand why the pregnant women didn't either abort or drop the child at a hospital or fire house. It makes no sense. Do you think they are taught in school that babies can be dropped off at fire stations etc..? Or is that done in every state / town ? 

The only thing that might change my mind is if they find out the baby was still born but even then you have to wonder why someone would throw the baby in the garbage - its heartbreaking .

Quoting Anonymous:

Iwould rather themhave aborted.

PlumbersWife344
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 2:31 PM
3 moms liked this

this is why people need to quit making abortion seem so evil

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 29, 2014 at 2:31 PM

ditto !!!!  It makes no sense. Do you think they are taught in school that babies can be dropped off at fire stations etc..? Or is that done in every state / town ? 

Quoting whatssleep: What I don't understand is there are Safe drop areas like the police dept, hospital, ect where you won't get in trouble for leaving a baby. So why don't people use them!?

Kriskash25
by Kristina on Jul. 29, 2014 at 2:33 PM
Sad :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 29, 2014 at 2:33 PM
1 mom liked this
This! Killing your child is never the right thing to do.

Quoting whatssleep: What I don't understand is there are Safe drop areas like the police dept, hospital, ect where you won't get in trouble for leaving a baby. So why don't people use them!?
JanuaryBaby06
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 2:33 PM

It may have been a scared teen who lived in a state where she needed concent to get an abortion or someone that just couldn't afford to get one :(. So sad

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN