Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

They're getting my toddler a pitt?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 86 Replies
1 mom liked this

My father wants to get my DD a pitt for her birthday. They (father and his wife) have a few dogs, one being a pitt, and my DD has pretty much taken over her when we visit. shes obsessed with the dog. shes in love with the dog and visa versa.

We don't have any dogs so dads great idea...get her her own. and since i probably wouldnt consider it otherwise (im not a fan of paying a lot of money for a pet- id rather adopt, its cheaper and those dogs need homes too...), hes using the excuse that itd be a birthday present. Im not against the idea of a dog but i am curious what all we will have to do as far as shots and stuff. what would we need to be prepared to do when (and if i even agree to this) we get the dog?

The litter is only 3 and a half weeks old so itll still be a month or so before we get it. Since the person my father is buying the dog from is selling them, would that mean theres papers on the dog, and shots should be taken care of/up to date when we get the dog? Ive really never looked into this but i know my mom bought a yorkie and thats how it was for her but i just dont know what to expect. and yes ill be talking to my dad about this and asking for more details but if the dog "should" already be up to date on shots and stuff then i want to make sure thats something i require proof of before allowing him to buy the dog.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 29, 2014 at 2:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 29, 2014 at 2:36 PM
bump!
hismommy2010
by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 2:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Pitt. BAD
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 29, 2014 at 2:38 PM
7 moms liked this

Quoting hismommy2010: Pitt. BAD

I respectfully disagree 

Larae1990
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 2:44 PM
Uhm... You don't need papers to buy a Pitt and it shouldn't come with any. A yorkie is different they come with pedigree (parentage, purebred) papers. Later you might want to take the dog and get a dog license, When he's weened he'll need to get his first set of shots, and be dewormed. Just keep up with his shots and love him, I know Pitt bulls catch hell but their amazing dogs I grew up with a Pitt that saved my life as a child.
Larae1990
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 2:44 PM
And why is that???

Quoting hismommy2010: Pitt. BAD
winkyloafed
by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 2:45 PM
I don't think it matters what kind of dog you get as long as you show it love, dude.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 29, 2014 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Make sure your insurance won't drop you first.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 29, 2014 at 2:47 PM

see i dont know the difference between breeds. i mean obviously i know the difference between a pitt and a yorkie but I couldnt tell you what makes one more "special" and needs papers and the other doesnt. Thats why im asking here. :-) I just know that my dad said the dog is $200 and i think thats insane. haha

Quoting Larae1990: Uhm... You don't need papers to buy a Pitt and it shouldn't come with any. A yorkie is different they come with pedigree (parentage, purebred) papers. Later you might want to take the dog and get a dog license, When he's weened he'll need to get his first set of shots, and be dewormed. Just keep up with his shots and love him, I know Pitt bulls catch hell but their amazing dogs I grew up with a Pitt that saved my life as a child.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 29, 2014 at 2:47 PM
It depends if it comes from an actual breeder or not. You will have to maintain shots. And good food can be costly. You will need toys/balls. They needs things to chew on.
KTU
by Kim on Jul. 29, 2014 at 2:48 PM
What? Really?

Quoting Anonymous: Make sure your insurance won't drop you first.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN