Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Her dads GIRLFRIEND claims to be her STEPMOM. WTF, Read!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies

Okay, this will be a little long, so I'll highlight key parts.. But I need to know some opinions.

My daughters dad has been seeing this girl since before my daughter was born. (shortly after pregnancy) At first, her dad was "halfass" then when I started being mean, he started being faithful to her. Every other weekend. Well, for the next two years, his gf acts like she's a better mom, etc. (I mean, I'm not just disgruntled, she has literally said so before... which is funny, because everyone says the opposite) lol

Okay. So.. Last year, Feb 15th.. Her dad randomly says they are moving to Florida THAT DAY. And,  my daughter, at this point hadn't seen him since November, aside of Christmas evening. So, I encouraged that she go, cause she had been asking why he didn't see her. She saw them for half a month then, and almost a month during the Summer. 

Now, the entire time they were in Florida. (Feb '13-June'14.) they didn't call her once to check up on her. They didn't ask about her.
Her dad called the day before her birthday and then on her birthday, but that was it.
Okay. So the bottom line is.. Her dads girlfriend keeps telling her that she is her step mom.. I keep saying no.
They aren't married... and frankly, if she had thought about my baby when she was away from her.. then.. I would have allowed it. I wouldn't base it off of a technicality if she had been there 100% as much as she could.

Today.. My baby kept asking me if his girlfriend was her stepmom in front of her.
And, I said.. "No baby, she's not married to your dad, so she's not your step mom yet." The ENTIRE time I'm saying this... His GF is shaking her head yes.

There is a bit more, that I could update.. (It's the part that actually gets a little amusing).
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 29, 2014 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 29, 2014 at 2:50 PM

If you're interested in the update, here's part of it. *baby is 5 years old, just avoiding name usage*

Okay, I sent her a text. Our kids were there, and I didn't want yelling, etc.
So, I waited until she left and sent her "I said... "Look, I am not going to fight. I am just going to tell you how it is. The entire time you were in Florida, neither you or her dad called to just to see how baby was doing. She was not a priority. Until you and him are legal, she isn't your stepdaughter. A mother wouldn't go 4 months without talking to their child. I will keep telling her the truth. I am sorry, but I don't live in a fantasy world."
She then said "I think its hilarious how you couldn't say any of this in front of my face!!! You had to wait until I left to text it to me!! Was you scared!! How childish "

My next reply: No. I am not going to fight in front of my children, dumbass. Grow up, and learn the difference.. Mmmkay, pumpkin?

So, am I wrong? WWYD? (There's more, but I'll stop unless requested or brought up. Lol)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 29, 2014 at 2:58 PM

Bump.

FutureCooper118
by Kylie on Jul. 29, 2014 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this

This lady clearly wants the title without the work. I'd just continue what you're doing.. your DD will listen to you before some crazy lady she sees rarely. Correct away!!

chamamahaha
by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 3:02 PM
Shes still a step mom,
activitymode
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 3:02 PM
Yuck. That whole situation is trashy. I feel bad for your dd.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 29, 2014 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this

If they were married, she would be a step mother. But she isn't. She hadn't seen/talked to my daughter for basically a year and then decides to pop in and play step mom. She isn't legally a step mother, and she's not there for her like a step mother would be.

Quoting chamamahaha: Shes still a step mom,

hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 3:04 PM
4 moms liked this
You're both being ridiculous. You know the truth, and your daughter is old enough to understand the truth. That should be the end of it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 29, 2014 at 3:06 PM

Me too. :( I have tried so hard to be nice, and to ignore stuff.. Which is exactly why I went the texting route, instead of in front of the kids. I was trying to avoid argument, and tell her my perspective. :(

Quoting activitymode: Yuck. That whole situation is trashy. I feel bad for your dd.

bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 3:07 PM
Well titles don't really mean that much to me but this woman does not deserve any title at all. She sounds like a child herself anyway.
Kaseyrose21
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 3:07 PM

She has been in your DD's life for YEARS. 

She is a stepmom. You don't have to be active in a kids life to be a stepmom. 

"The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything."

I am a MARRIED, ProChoice, Organic Eating, Vaccinating, Stubborn, Successful MOM to a toddler and a Stepson.

Motherhood does not define or consume my life but adds to it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)