Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Awful horrible week. I just need to complain.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this
This past week I went to see my family. They all live about 20 hours away so I don't see them much. While I was there I broke the news that I was planning on filing for divorce from my husband due to multiple affairs. Instead of getting the support I expected I was told by everyone that I am being stupid and that I don't care about what's best for my son because I don't want to try harder to work it out.

To top it off both DS and I caught a cold while we were up there and he's been a snotty mess and now I have tonsillitis. Earlier today he wouldn't nap no matter what I did and I lost my patience and yelled at him. He fell asleep crying in my arms. I feel like a worthless piece of shit right now.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 29, 2014 at 3:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blue-heart
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 3:23 PM
I am sorry. Don't beat yourself up. We all have bad mommy moments. Hugs and feel better!
prdmama1154
by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 3:25 PM

I don't think you're a worthless piece of shit.  I'm sorry your family isn't supportive.  That's pretty crappy of them.  Do what's right for you.  Some people can work through an affair, but some cannot and the sooner that's realized then the sooner you can move on and heal.

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Jul. 29, 2014 at 3:25 PM

What she said.

Quoting blue-heart: I am sorry. Don't beat yourself up. We all have bad mommy moments. Hugs and feel better!

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Jul. 29, 2014 at 3:25 PM

And what she said.

Quoting prdmama1154:

I don't think you're a worthless piece of shit.  I'm sorry your family isn't supportive.  That's pretty crappy of them.  Do what's right for you.  Some people can work through an affair, but some cannot and the sooner that's realized then the sooner you can move on and heal.

mojogirl
by Alice Liddell on Jul. 29, 2014 at 3:26 PM

hugs

hang in there, it'll get better... it might get worse first, but then it'll get better. sorry your family are dickheads.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 29, 2014 at 3:26 PM
Since they're so far away, don't worry about their opinions. You deserve someone who wants only you.

Good luck and get better soon.
rhiannonaisling
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 3:27 PM
I'm sorry they weren't supportive like they should have been. Get well. Also remember that you're both sick and going through a hard time give yourself a break.
Hilary799
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 3:28 PM
One affair is one thing but several is too much for anyone to try and work through. Sorry you guys are sick and your support system is flawed.

Quoting prdmama1154:

MicheleJM
by Phoenix on Jul. 29, 2014 at 3:28 PM
Hugs..I snapped at my kids too especially the first year after the divorce. You're not alone.
prdmama1154
by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 3:31 PM

Oh I agree, but I've seen people attempt to salvage a marriage after several.  Didn't work but she wanted to say that she at least tried.  I know I wouldn't even be able to bounce back from one.

Quoting Hilary799: One affair is one thing but several is too much for anyone to try and work through. Sorry you guys are sick and your support system is flawed.
Quoting prdmama1154:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)