Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My cat is pooping everywhere!!! help anyone good with cats????

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies
I have 2 cats. Recently got a cat in may. He is 4 months. He was fine in the beginning, now he is pooping in my son's play room , on the basement floor, in this bin I had that held his litter (still in the box) and other products....Literally FULL of urine and feces! I have 2 litter boxes, I clean them every 1-2 days ALWAYS. I don't get it! But I CAN NOT keep a cat that is doing this I just can't! At first I thought maybe he had a stomach issue one day but it's obviously an issue! This has began in the past 3-4 weeks getting progressively worse. Will I need to get rid of him I suppose? Maybe I could find someone on a farm near by? It's terrible I'm so upset
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:13 AM
Sounds like he needs his own box, cleaned daily. Put him in a closed room with it at first. Maybe get a finer litter. If that doesn't work, toss him outside lol.
Cocomicah
by time lord on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:14 AM
Have you tried taking him to the vet? He obviously doesn't sound well.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:16 AM
I have 2 boxes and I noticed each was using one. The litter I have seems pretty fine actually, it's extremely easy to scoop through. I honestly don't go more than 2 days without cleaning it and that's the longest

Quoting bleumonster: Sounds like he needs his own box, cleaned daily. Put him in a closed room with it at first. Maybe get a finer litter. If that doesn't work, toss him outside lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:16 AM
I guess I could try, what could it be?

Quoting Cocomicah: Have you tried taking him to the vet? He obviously doesn't sound well.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:18 AM
I say give him away, cats are gross.
spooky415
by Emerald Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:19 AM
Pick up his poop and put it in a litterbox in the bathroom or something-and keep him in there with it. All day. Let him out to eat, watch him like a hawk and then put him back in there. He'll get it eventually.

I have four cats and I foster too. I've dealt with some real whack jobs.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:21 AM
I don't really have a Room to put him in unless I left him in the basement , but he is crapping on the floor and in my bin down there! I wish I had your patience. that's really sweet of you
Quoting spooky415: Pick up his poop and put it in a litterbox in the bathroom or something-and keep him in there with it. All day. Let him out to eat, watch him like a hawk and then put him back in there. He'll get it eventually.

I have four cats and I foster too. I've dealt with some real whack jobs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
graybealgirl
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Try this LOL
slb235
by Grammar Police on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:23 AM

Call your local Chinese restaurant.  They'll take the problem off your hands.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)