Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Who calls a married couple on vacation????

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies
My MIL is insanely invasive. It's not entirely her fault...DH allows it and he tells her everything. There has been times hubby and I will have an argument...and she will call me cursing me out taking my DH'S side.

Last week hubby and I took a vacation to Hawaii. It was our first kid free weekend in three years. MIL called EVERYDAY, twice a day. She even had the nerve to ask why we weren't posting pics on fb. I was highly annoyed at her calling so much, but I didn't want to argue with my husband. He blows up whenever I bring up an issue with her.

Anyway...my point is this...I think it was very ride of her to call everyday, for seven straight days while we were on vacation. Yes my hubby is a mama'a boy to the MAX. Him and his mom drive me crazy. Is she wrong for calling him while on vacation? I mean who does that?!
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:26 AM
2 moms liked this
That's a little much, dh would have to cut that string.
Cocomicah
by time lord on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:28 AM
I would die lmao. My hubby would probably shoot himself if his mom even texted him that often.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:29 AM

You had to have known that he as a mama's boy when you married him.  So I'm not sure why you are surprised that she calls him daily.  There is nothing that you can do to change it, so you may as well accept it.

RazzleMySpazz
by spaztastic on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:31 AM
2 moms liked this
Next time you're closer to the phone than dh, "accidentally" hit the answer button and then make sex noises... Really really loud... Get freaky with it....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:31 AM
Right...she's not even texting...she's calling! So annoying

Quoting Cocomicah: I would die lmao. My hubby would probably shoot himself if his mom even texted him that often.
nelliesmommy
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:31 AM
I'm sure you knew before you married him. I would be annoyed too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:32 AM
We are currently on a family vacation and MIL has called once, to wish DH a happy birthday today. Id put my foot down.
Bluerose1482
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:32 AM

They always say that momma's boys know how to treat a woman.  Is that true?  

No advice.  I dated a momma's boy once.  I broke things off because I couldn't deal with that non-sense.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:32 AM
I dont know about all that, DH was the same way. We had a talk and the constant calls, and emails slowed.

Quoting Anonymous:

You had to have known that he as a mama's boy when you married him.  So I'm not sure why you are surprised that she calls him daily.  There is nothing that you can do to change it, so you may as well accept it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:33 AM
2 moms liked this
He should be done breastfeeding by now...cut the cord already. I wouldn't deal.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)