Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How often do your kids see their grandparents?

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:27 AM
  • 288 Replies

I know there are some who don't see them at all, just curious what the average is. My dad lives in another state but comes up once a year to visit for a week and keeps in touch the rest of the time. My mom sees them usually at least once a week but sometimes many times a week when the 4 of them are in sports and such, she comes to every single game no matter what.

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:30 AM
My LO has been with my parents for almost 3 weeks. Beyond that he sees my parents every 3 months for a few days. As far as my in laws, once a year / once every other year.
caligirl7613
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:33 AM
My kids have seen their grandparents 1 time ((my parents) they were 11 months and 2.5 years. Now they are 8 and 6. They see their great grandparents every week (on my side) they have never met their fathers side of the family.

My SD sees her grandparents (dads side) a few times a year. She spends every other weekend at her great geandmothers. (Dads side) and has never met her mothers side of the family.
Hoppers33
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:33 AM
They see my dad 4 or 5 times a year. We visit whenever we can and he always takes them for 2 weeks in the summer.

It's been 3 years since they've seen my mom. It was right after my youngest was born.

The in-laws...whenever dh guilts me into seeing them. Twice a year, maybe.
kfroz0415
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:35 AM
They see my mom and her fiance at least one per week.

They haven't seen my dad in two almost three years, his pathetic choice.

They see dh's parents once a month or so. More often in the summer than in the winter. They live outside of town about 20 minutes into the country so trips are less frequent.

Oldest DS last saw dh's bio mother 5.5 years ago. Youngest ds has never met her. This won't be changing, ever.
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:35 AM
1 mom liked this
My DD only has one living grandparent, my Mom.

She lives 20 minutes away and DD sees her once a week, usually.

Grandma spoils that girl rotten.
Peace.Love.Pink
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:35 AM

not often

ripemango
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:38 AM
1 mom liked this

DD only has 1 set of GPs, but I gotta say they are very involved in her life and love spending time with her. They would have her at their home every weekend if we allowed it. They have already asked her to come this weekend. I have to say no a lot...I mean we DO sometimes have plans :p

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:38 AM
1 mom liked this
DH's parents live nearby so LO sees them maybe twice a week or so. My dad lives three hours away so it's less frequent for him, maybe once a month. My mom lives a few states away so she has only seen him once this year (she will have sewn him twice by the holidays).
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:39 AM
My mom watches them while I work, so almost every day and if my dad gets home before they get picked up then he sees them. My husband's mom's side sees them just at family functions or holidays, so a bunch a year but not every month. His dads side does not see them ever.
MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:00 AM

My mom, a few times a week--she lives 6 blocks away.  His parents, once every couple of weeks though they live less than an hour away.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN