Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's a start...

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:41 AM
  • 5 Replies

So I am majorly phobic, and with my sons medical issues it has intensified my phobia because it is like that part of my brain that helps me with it shut down due to the added stress... Anyways... 

Monday I had HAD HAD to go to the dentist I could not take the pain anymore, while in the waiting room I had an internal massive panic attack (I'm good at keeping them internalized) but in the dentist chair I had 3 more panic/anxiety attacks.  I talked/meditated myself out of them and the dentist got down to business.  Although he nearly put me on the ceiling by giving me a shot in the roof of my mouth (HOLY HEPHAESTUS THAT HURT!!!!!) I stayed calm as I could externally.  Internally I was panicking like crazy and wanted to bolt.  

Not even 5 minutes later SHOINK! Tooth was out in one piece (nothing was left on the surface I had cracked and ground it that bad) and I found a touch of humor out of the whole thing... I kept waiting for him to put his knee on my chest and yank it out ala cartoon style... So even though during the whole thing I was one ball of panicking anxiety I found some humor... 

I already told the hubby that when I am done here (with sons medical stuff) when the new dental insurance kicks in we are finding a dentist that will do the rest of the work WITH sedation.  So it is a start, I know I can do it now.  I am still scared to the pit of my being about the prospect of it, and will probably be on some serious anti anxiety meds days prior, and some beta blockers to keep my BP from making me a stroke or heart attack patient but I KNOW I CAN DO IT... 

It is a start... 

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Pixers
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:46 AM

BUMP!

Pixers
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:48 AM

BUMP!

Pixers
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:55 AM

BUMP!

Loveavision
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:05 AM
Well, cool!
Pixers
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:08 AM

My internal monologue is rather humorous about it all, part of me is trying to talk myself out of ever going back and the other part is all "put your big girl panties on you dumb ass" ... 

yeah, I have issues, but I'm not crazy.. my mom had me tested rolling on floor

Quoting Loveavision: Well, cool!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)