Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Studying to become a therapist!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
Hey everyone. I am starting an advice series on YouTube. I'm currently studying to become a therapist! (Specializing in marriage & family therapy). If you'd like to, please leave some questions here and I will make a few videos answering the questions and giving you my advice and take on the topics!!

Also if you'd like me to answer the question on here, just specify that, and I will be sure to help in anyway that I can :)
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:31 AM
BUMP!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:34 AM
I have a question that isn't an actual question question lol.

Are you taught how to show people step by step what they can do to change, or are you taught to help people become motivated to help themselves.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:36 AM
2 moms liked this
Get back to me when you graduate.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:53 AM
Actually we are taught both. People can't change if they don't want to, and can't help themselves if they don't want to. But, I am taught to give new coping skills and to show a client exactly what they need to do to be successful in their recovery. Hope that helps! :)

Quoting Anonymous: I have a question that isn't an actual question question lol.

Are you taught how to show people step by step what they can do to change, or are you taught to help people become motivated to help themselves.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:53 AM
Ok. Thanks for the bump.

Quoting Anonymous: Get back to me when you graduate.
ballerina18
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:55 AM

No questions here.

I'm more interested in hearing about what attracted you to the field and if you are currently an undergrad or masters level student.

littlesippycup
by Baby T-rex Arms on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:58 AM

That's neat. My son is seriously considering that line of study when he graduates HS.

Bump for some dysfunctional peeps who need some help. There are plenty on here =)

Rebecca7708
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:01 AM
Do you attend a legitimate college or is it one of those "colleges" you hear about on the radio that promises a degree in 18 months or less?
Rebecca7708
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:03 AM

Mobile Photo

This is the ad appearing over your post. I don't know why but, I found it funny.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:07 AM
What's your YouTube handle?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)