Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SCARY! Zomg omg omg

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies
What 's the scariest things that's happened to you?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AvantGardener
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:16 AM

I'd have to think about this one for a while.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:17 AM

A drive by shooting when I was a teenager, thankfully it later turned out to be coming from a pellet gun, but at the time when the windows broke and we flew on to the ground you didn't know that.

Rebecca7708
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:18 AM
Probably not the type of scary you are looking for but, my scariest moment was when my son's heart condition was diagnosed.
Browncoat4eva
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:21 AM

Last August I went to the hospital. I'd been sick for a while & had been going downhill-- thought I had pnumonia or bronchitis or something. 

It was my b-day. DH had enough and took me to the hospital ER. They told me I had lung cancer and admitted me. 

So after my DH went home I sat there on my birthday having the darkest, lonliest night of my life, because all I could think was I don't want to leave my babies motherless.

I was in there for a week getting scads of test and exploratory surgery and biopsies. No cancer-- it's an auto-immune disease that's not usually fatal.

That was by far the worst night of my whole life and the most scared I've ever been. 

Cocomicah
by time lord on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:21 AM
Real shit. I have probably been in and witnessed multiple drive by shootings. My gram lives in New Orleans, but like in the actual city city. Back in the 90s it was a horrible place, but she had bought that house in the 40s, and was not going to sell it. Needless to say, i have seen an actual murder take place. As well as being outside when the drive by happened. The other times we would just duck inside the house.

Quoting Anonymous:

A drive by shooting when I was a teenager, thankfully it later turned out to be coming from a pellet gun, but at the time when the windows broke and we flew on to the ground you didn't know that.

Mom-to-2kids
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:24 AM
I was in my dads rig when it jackknifed and rolled on its side. I was in the back but had I been in the passenger seat I would have been killed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:24 AM
:( I can only imagine how scary that was. I hope things have gotten better and manageable.

Quoting Rebecca7708: Probably not the type of scary you are looking for but, my scariest moment was when my son's heart condition was diagnosed.
ame85
by Chemistry cat on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:25 AM
Right before my emergency csection, wondering if DD was going to make it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:25 AM
Omg I would have been PISSED

Quoting Browncoat4eva:

Last August I went to the hospital. I'd been sick for a while & had been going downhill-- thought I had pnumonia or bronchitis or something. 

It was my b-day. DH had enough and took me to the hospital ER. They told me I had lung cancer and admitted me. 

So after my DH went home I sat there on my birthday having the darkest, lonliest night of my life, because all I could think was I don't want to leave my babies motherless.

I was in there for a week getting scads of test and exploratory surgery and biopsies. No cancer-- it's an auto-immune disease that's not usually fatal.

That was by far the worst night of my whole life and the most scared I've ever been. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:26 AM
1 break in and my mom was stabbed then i had a home invasion this past year
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)