Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My sister is a horrible mom!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies
I really need to vent about my sister.

She is a terrible mother. Like very very bad. Shouldn't even be taking care of a cactus. She has 2 boys, they are 3, and 5. She lives in a tiny one bedroom apartment, right next door to me. She pays absolutely no attention to the what so ever, she is emotionally abusive towards them. If they "bug" her in any way she flies off the handle at them. And by bugging, I mean doing normal kid things like asking a question repeatedly. She cusses as them, tells the to "get the fuck in their room". She screams at them over everything, tells them to "get the fuck away from me!" These boys are just craving their mothers affection for god sakes! The boys will get up around 8 in the morning, and she will lay around, half sleep, half lay on her bed and chain smoke cigarettes (yes in her tiny one bedroom appt, with her boys, with no doors or windows open). For a couple of months she wouldn't make them anything to eat, until diner. She made the oldest make him and his brother breakfast and lunch. Which only consisted of waffles and PP&J. When I found out I jumped her ass. She at least microwaves them something now. Her apartment is FILTHY!! Her dishes have set so long before, there were maggots. There is grime on everything, clothes, trash scattered on the floor. Her boys room and the bathroom (as do most of her blankets) has a horrendous stench of piss. She won't clean up after herself or her boys. Its just bad. Her whole apartment reeks of smoke and just gross funk. She will do the dishes and pick up about once a month, but she never actually cleans. She is single, but doesn't work, she refuses to work, hasn't since she left the army at 21...she just turned 26!! And has been divorced for over 2 years. She gets $800/month from her ex husband. My dad pays all of her bills except her rent which is $560. She usually pays that with the $800 her ex gives her. You would think she would try to stretch the $240 to try to last her the month, but nope, she immediately goes out and gets fucked up. She actually got arrested for a PA a few months back. But that's beside the point. She is perfectly content to live so far below the poverty line, it ridiculous.

Before anyone says CPS. She's had 2 cases against her so far. First was for giving our minor niece, 13, nephew, 15, k2, alcohol, and cigarettes. The second time, my mom got them involved when my sister had a break down and had a 3day say in the loony bin. She got them involved for their resources, trying to get their help, because my sister is very very depressed. We spent months pushing her and pushing her and pushing her to follow through and get the help. She finally did, they loaded her down with pills. And she still just sits, screams at them, and does absolutely nothing with her life but rot. And she is fucking up those boys while she is doing it. She will one day lose those boys. And even though they would come to me (at least the oldest would, his dad has never met him. Her exdh is the father of the youngest, and he would get him). Even though the boys would be separated, at least they would be loved, and cared for.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:10 AM
Where's their dad?
gradysmom2006
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:11 AM
That's very sad. You are next door? Do you help? Watch the boys? Offer to help clean? Wash their sheets? Cook them meals?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:13 AM
He rejoined the army. States away.

Quoting iamcafemom83: Where's their dad?
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:13 AM
Poor kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Jenna?
iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:14 AM
Is he a good dad? Does he have any idea how things are? Maybe he should have custody .

Quoting Anonymous: He rejoined the army. States away.
Quoting iamcafemom83: Where's their dad?
tlynn28
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:14 AM
So why don't you take custody of them? Sounds like she wouldn't care what happens. If nobody steps in and helps those kids it will just do more damage. I hate parents like that. It's so sad.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:14 AM
3 moms liked this
Call CPS. Don't call to get your sister help, call to get those boys taken away. If you aren't part of the solution then you are part of the problem.
gingerprincess
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:16 AM

She sounds severely depressed.. some kind of mental issues.. maybe you could offer to help her?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Her oldest is at my house all day, I watch them anytime she needs me to and then some. I've cleaned her apartment many times, I've loaned her money, my car, when she runs out of food, she comes over for every meal. I have helped her so much. But I don't want to enable her any more. She has got to start doing for herself. She is 26 years old!!

Quoting gradysmom2006: That's very sad. You are next door? Do you help? Watch the boys? Offer to help clean? Wash their sheets? Cook them meals?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)