Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need some creative ideas! Baby 1st birthday party

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:13 AM
  • 18 Replies
Cute themes or things to do in November? Too bad it won't be summer to celebrate outside :/
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gcstar42
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:19 AM
We always just do food, cake, presents, and just let all the kids run and play. One of my daughters birthday is in October so we usually do it outside because the weather is nicer. My other daughter is July and it's usually hot so ends up being inside. My son is May and it varies day by day at that time of year from hot to nice. Oh and why not just keep it fall themed? Maybe do a hayride?
supermama322
by Kaylee on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:24 AM
1 mom liked this
I did a winter owls theme for my November babys first birthday :)
supermama322
by Kaylee on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:26 AM
I wish we could do fall themed birthdays for our November baby. :( fall is my favourite!

Quoting gcstar42: We always just do food, cake, presents, and just let all the kids run and play. One of my daughters birthday is in October so we usually do it outside because the weather is nicer. My other daughter is July and it's usually hot so ends up being inside. My son is May and it varies day by day at that time of year from hot to nice. Oh and why not just keep it fall themed? Maybe do a hayride?
gcstar42
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:28 AM
Fall is my favorite season also, even though I know it is not as pretty here as it is in some places. I just love when it finally starts cooking down, starts getting dark earlier, leaves are changing colors, plus Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.

Quoting supermama322: I wish we could do fall themed birthdays for our November baby. :( fall is my favourite!

Quoting gcstar42: We always just do food, cake, presents, and just let all the kids run and play. One of my daughters birthday is in October so we usually do it outside because the weather is nicer. My other daughter is July and it's usually hot so ends up being inside. My son is May and it varies day by day at that time of year from hot to nice. Oh and why not just keep it fall themed? Maybe do a hayride?
supermama322
by Kaylee on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:30 AM
Me too!!

Sucks for me because by November, it's full blown winter here. Tons of snow. Already very cold. Plus Thanksgiving is the first week of October so all the fall feelings are gone by November. Lol

Quoting gcstar42: Fall is my favorite season also, even though I know it is not as pretty here as it is in some places. I just love when it finally starts cooking down, starts getting dark earlier, leaves are changing colors, plus Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.

Quoting supermama322: I wish we could do fall themed birthdays for our November baby. :( fall is my favourite!

Browncoat4eva
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:30 AM

Cute lil' pumpkin theme, lol. The decorations will be cheap because it's right after Halloween, but it still fits the season.

Or what about football if your family is into that?

wanasasha
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:31 AM

animal

Racer15
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:31 AM
My nephew had a Very Hungry Caterpillar themed party, he's loved the video since he was 3 months old. Likes the book too. I am a November baby and my first birthday was Carebear themed. I'd just do whatever theme you like.
sarahfaith123
by sarah_luvs_2_b_mama on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:35 AM
Maybe seasonal like pumpkins? Or you could do a character your baby loves?

Mine's 1st was in January of 2012 so we focused on food- semi fancy from the Italian place with rolls, salad, coffee and cake. I did a sesame st theme with an Elmo cake. It was super fun, everyone just hung out in the main room and opened all the gifts and ate.

Pinterest is good for ideas but I get overwhelmed bc they go overboard with favors on that site . Happy bday to your LO!
gcstar42
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:36 AM
Lol, where do you live? Canada or somewhere? I live in Texas so we very rarely get snow and when we do it is like an inch and melts by the next day. That happens maybe once or twice a year if we are lucky. Our Thanksgiving is closer to the end of November and there have been a few times we could still even wear shorts and tshirts at that time. In fact I have even worn shorts around Christmas time before also, lol.

Quoting supermama322: Me too!!

Sucks for me because by November, it's full blown winter here. Tons of snow. Already very cold. Plus Thanksgiving is the first week of October so all the fall feelings are gone by November. Lol

Quoting gcstar42: Fall is my favorite season also, even though I know it is not as pretty here as it is in some places. I just love when it finally starts cooking down, starts getting dark earlier, leaves are changing colors, plus Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)