Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dude! Everything is seriously breaking wtf!?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
First our microwave broke ( I haven't called about it yet because it just stopped working a few days before we left town for a week) it's one of those above the stove units not exactly cheap, then our water main breaks, now the fricken water heater is leaking!!! We rent (the home owners live right next door) so we don't have to pay for it but I feel bad calling about all this crap when they just paid $400 for the water main.

I guess we are pretty good tenants though other than the roof leaking right after we moved in and a tree in our yard falling on the neighbors car after a big wind storm we usually fix stuff on our own. My husband fixes water leaks and broken light switches and stuff because then they don't have to pay someone to come out.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
the_dude
by abides on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:09 AM
3 moms liked this
It wasn't me...
southernwldchld
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:13 AM

Ugh, this just happened to us. The tub started leaking downstairs, and then the bathroom sink started pretty much pouring water from behind the fixture, and then we had water coming up through our basement floor. Up through the floor. It's like we are fighting becoming the water temple here...

mrsmoonbeam
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Ahh the Fu*# up Fairy strikes again lol
csxt99
by Jennifer on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:21 AM

Our new water heater was put in today. I am so glad it was on the landlord's dime and not mine.

JamesMom714
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:22 AM
This is one reason I love to rent!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DanaG70
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:25 AM

I hope the flood didn't ruin anything. That is one thing I'm going to miss about renting.

mrsmoonbeam
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:00 PM
Our Gas hotwater heater sprang a leak we had to have it replaced with a electric one because it was in the masterbedroom . So then a electrition had to be called in it turned out to be a Verry good thing. our circit breakers were old and he said the kind we had were bad about Not tripping and causing fires. He showed us one that sizziling as he put it . It was just a matter of time before we would have had a fire we were lucky it hadnt happend yet! We had NO problems with the breakers If that water heater had NOT gone out or if we didnt replace it with an electric one so that the electrition had found the hazzard we could have lost the house or worse! whats bad is we had a diffrent electrition in several months before when we lost the weather head off the back of the house during an Icestorm. thats where the lines come in and down into the meeter then in the house. He didnt catch that the breakers were outdated and dangerous and the asshole didnt put the insulator at the roof in all the way he left part or the screw that anchors it to the house exposed so it rusted and when we had another branch break during another Icestorm two years later we lost the weaterhead and the meter! It wasnt that big of a branch.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:15 PM
1 mom liked this
It was out right at the meter so all the water was outside. And luckily the water heater is outside too so no inside messes.

Quoting DanaG70:

I hope the flood didn't ruin anything. That is one thing I'm going to miss about renting.

DanaG70
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:18 PM
That's great! I remember when our water heat went out, what a mess!

Quoting Anonymous: It was out right at the meter so all the water was outside. And luckily the water heater is outside too so no inside messes.

Quoting DanaG70:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:25 PM
We had a similar situation when we bought our house. Within two years we had to spend $20,000 to make it livable, since we trusted a realtor who took advantage of us being young and dumb. All new appliances, water heater, furnace, sump pump, plumbing the day we moved in, and the piece de resistance, $6,000 in damages causes by the bats that lived in the attic. All paid by us... well. In the process of being paid off. At least it isn't your dollar?

Bats are gone. Lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)