Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

His dad never called to say Happy Birthday!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

and my son literally cried himself to sleep last night... 
My ex is horrible with remembering the dates so I texted him Saturday saying Tuesday is DS's birthday, don't forget to call... I had him this weekend because I just gave birth to my DD and we wanted some time to bond as a family which he didn't mind but he called DS on Monday to talk to him since Monday he gets out early, he told DS tomorrows his birthday and he will call him to make a special birthday wish on the phone... I texted my ex in the morning hinting to him that it was DS's birthday to remind him so he wouldn't forget... He never called... I texted him flipping out... I don't know if it's my hormones but I was furious! How could you not call your son on his birthday! His excuse was that he didn't have time... I said bull shit... and I know for a fact his boss who is my MOM would have defiantly let him take the time to call his son to wish him a Happy Birthday without a doubt! Plus he always has a half hour break form 5:30 to 6. He had enough time to text me saying he wanted DS a night early because they are leaving for vacation really early, but not enough time to even text him Happy Birthday? DS loved when I read people texts to him and he would reply, he doesn't know how to spell much he only turned 4... He knows how to spell simple words, and how to spell I'm ___ but I helped him reply thank you and he loved it....

I just don't see how he forgot... I don't ask my ex for much in fact he pays NO child support and only gets our son for 28 hours BY CHOICE. He's open to see him whenever he wants... But, all of this (Like I said could just be hormones) makes me want to revisit the whole court thing...

I'm so thankful my son has my husband in his life... Who does more then I could ever imagine with my son. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
KykysMomma1128
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:04 AM
I'm so sorry. That's so cruel he could have set his phone timer or any other number of things to help remember. I would be pissed too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:33 AM
I just don't understand! It would break my heart not to talk to my son on his birthday.

Quoting KykysMomma1128: I'm so sorry. That's so cruel he could have set his phone timer or any other number of things to help remember. I would be pissed too.
Loveavision
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:35 AM
What an asshole. I know it's petty, but my dad forgets my birthday almost every year, and it still hurts my feelings.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)