Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i hate working

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
My son is ebf and i work fulltime. I have no where to pump at work so i wait until i get home and finally pump after working 8 hours. My supply is getting low and I'd rather quit my job than stop bf my son.

I just don't know what to do anymore
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BrownEyedGirl86
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:44 AM
2 moms liked this

i am pretty sure while you are working and bf your work place needs to provide a place for you to pump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:45 AM
I'm not a bf and I haven't had an infant in 11 years but I thought there were laws saying your employer has to provide time and a place for pumping.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't quit my job unless I could afford it.  Formula feeding is not the end of the world

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:50 AM

((hugs)) sorry this is so distressing for you 

Loveavision
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:59 AM
Look up your laws for BF in the workplace. I think it's something along the lines of if there's more than 20 employees, they have to provide a space? I'm not really sure.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:01 AM
So you don't even have a bathroom? I don't believe that...you can't even go sit in your car during breaks?
1L2CMommy
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:02 AM
2 moms liked this
That's why you want to quit your job, so you can continue to breastfeed??!! Good Lord! I love this site!
j3st3r
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:02 AM
Your employee need to find you a clean, appropriate place to pump & adequate break time.

ETA: it can be done, if your goal is to not need formula. I went back to work fairly quickly with my youngest two. I developed a love/hate relationship with my pump.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:05 AM
Your employer has to give you a place to pump, even if it's just a clean bathroom.
KeepOnTryin
by Melissa on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:11 AM
Could you afford to work part time?

That would allow more time with your son (which is what this is really about, I think.)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)