Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm shocked! Help Me!!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies

My 16 year old just came to me yesterday and said she REALLY wants a baby.  She says she is not sexually active yet.  

We talked (while I'm screaming inside) and I believe part of the reason is because her dad is not around and she wants male attention and a kind of unconditional love of a child.

I tried to talk her out of it and am going to take her to a therapist.

Any other ideas?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Loveavision
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:30 AM
I know it's not the right thing to do by any means, but don't let that girl out of your sight!
goldpandora
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:31 AM
2 moms liked this

Find her children for her to babysit. She'll realize soon enough that they're a lot of work :)

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:32 AM

No words of wisdom or advise just good luck

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:34 AM

She already babysits quite a bit.  Her sister is a teen mom (17) and she's taken care of her neice A LOT.

Quoting goldpandora:

Find her children for her to babysit. She'll realize soon enough that they're a lot of work :)

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:34 AM
Put her in the nursery at church, volunteer her for babysitting. Get her on BC and take her to therapy. Good luck.
BrownEyedGirl86
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:34 AM

I agree with the mom that suggest to let her baby sit- 

does she have any sibilings that are a baby or a toddler???I would sit with a book and let her care for the child for an hour or more depending on how she does 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:36 AM

Do you know anyone who has a baby?  If you do, I would ask if your daughter could spend the day caring for the baby.  Let her know what caring for a baby is really like.  Or you can order one of those babies that act like a real baby but are fake.  Some high school health classes use them.  You have to care for the baby by feeding it and changing it and it cries all the time.  

If all that fails, you can always get her a puppy (only partly kidding, haha).  

I understand her wanting to fill a void in her life.  Lots of women get pregnant for this reason.  Unfortunately, she wont get what she wants out of it.  She needs to understand that having a baby is hard.  It can push you to your breaking point and then push you past it.  A mother gives her child a lot more love than is returned, especially in the beginning.  

SendMeBabyDust
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Are you in Cali? My 1 year old is experiencing the terrible 2s quite early. And knows the word no all too well . Never ending tantrums, head banging, I could go on . She could borrow him . YOU'RE WELCOME in advanced .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:37 AM

My daghter and her sister is/was a teen mom

Quoting BrownEyedGirl86:

I agree with the mom that suggest to let her baby sit- 

does she have any sibilings that are a baby or a toddler???I would sit with a book and let her care for the child for an hour or more depending on how she does 

millieswife
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:37 AM
Drop her off at my house.I will take her to work with me (I help run a day care). Just make sure it is a day when the kids can't go outside.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)