Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My mom has cancer..

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:03 AM
  • 36 Replies
Found out my mom has Breast cancer 3 1/2 weeks before my wedding. I am so heart broken for her. I realize some of you may look at it like not such a big deal but it is so stressful and heart breaking. She will have to start treatment asap and I hope to be able to take her and help her. Anyone have any words of advice? Maybe a little prayer? Thank you so much...
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:06 AM

So sorry, many healing thoughts & prayers coming your families way

Corieva
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:09 AM

So very sorry for your mom and your whole family. It's not an easy thing for anyone to deal with. My mom is a breast cancer survivor. The treatment is very rough and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. All I can say is hang in there and be there for her. Still be excited about your wedding because it will probably be even harder on her if she thinks she is "ruining" it. I'll be praying for you all.

Bethsunshine
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:09 AM

I'm so sorry! I understand what you're going through. My MIL was just diagnosed witih stage three ovarian cancer on June 11. It feels like our whole world has been turned upside down. She had major surgery on June 19th and is trying to get her strength built up in order to start chemo. She goes back to the doctor next week and he will tell her when she starts. We're just trying to take things one day at a time, because that's all you can do. I'm in the process of making her some chemo caps for when she starts treatment and loses her hair. PLEASE PM me if you want to chat!

Jblb
by Emerald Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:10 AM
I would die if my mom told me she had cancer, esp since my wedding is in 3 weeks. I'm so sorry.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:11 AM
I'm so very sorry, prayers and well wishes for y'all.
seksen
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you so much for the prayers and thoughts!

Quoting 672:

So sorry, many healing thoughts & prayers coming your families way

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:28 AM

prayers coming your way, from a 10 yr breast cancer survivor.

seksen
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:28 AM
Thank you! That is what i have been doing just more aware of her and trying not to make it a number one priority when she is my priority. Thank you for giving me advice. Thank you so much!

Quoting Corieva:

So very sorry for your mom and your whole family. It's not an easy thing for anyone to deal with. My mom is a breast cancer survivor. The treatment is very rough and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. All I can say is hang in there and be there for her. Still be excited about your wedding because it will probably be even harder on her if she thinks she is "ruining" it. I'll be praying for you all.

seksen
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:30 AM
I am so so sorry that your family is struggling through this. I will pray for her and for all of you. Thank you so much for your reply and I hope all things go well mama! Hugs!

Quoting Bethsunshine:

I'm so sorry! I understand what you're going through. My MIL was just diagnosed witih stage three ovarian cancer on June 11. It feels like our whole world has been turned upside down. She had major surgery on June 19th and is trying to get her strength built up in order to start chemo. She goes back to the doctor next week and he will tell her when she starts. We're just trying to take things one day at a time, because that's all you can do. I'm in the process of making her some chemo caps for when she starts treatment and loses her hair. PLEASE PM me if you want to chat!

momwriter
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:30 AM

So sorry. Sending prayers....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)