Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I HATE OCD!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
OCD is literally ripping my family apart. My DH has it and he drives us all nuts. I am expected to keep a house spotless with 2 toddlers and it's so much pressure. Yesterday he walked in the bathroom and was like "OMG I just can't live like this, this is so gross!" I ran in thinking the kids did something and he's pointing to a basket of hair ties and my straightener I was letting cool. Really? You can't live like this? Fuck, I can't live like this. God forbid one of the kids or the dog pukes or shits. He loses his mind. He makes our potty trained 3 yr old wear a diaper to bed in case she has an accident in our bed. We got in a huge nasty screaming match this morning about me not getting her in one in time because there was "a puddle" of pee on the bed. I looked it was a silver dollar sized spot that had leaked out of the diaper. Really? I almost left him when I was prego with the 2nd. The OCD got out of control for awhile and he literally couldn't touch anything. I was carrying all groceries and anything and everything else alone because everything was contaminated to him. I have thrown away tons food/household supplies that he refused to eat or use because they're "dirty". He says we live like scurveballs but all my friends/family say we have the cleanest house every time they're here. It's so fucking hard to live up to the unrealistic demands. I don't know what to do!!! He went to therapy once but hated it and the meds. He thinks smoking pot is enough for the anxiety. It helps, but not nearly enough. He makes me feel so shitty about myself as a woman and a mother.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
dominic062407
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:28 AM
I would let him love by himself that he can clean his house the way he likes it. There is no way I could deal with that
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:31 AM
It is so hard. It was worse at 9 months pregnant. We moved away from my amazing family so we could be back in his hometown in another state so he could lessen his anxiety but now I just feel alone. He has been better but not lately.

Quoting dominic062407: I would let him love by himself that he can clean his house the way he likes it. There is no way I could deal with that
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm so sorry!

Bf gets ticked at me for my mild ocd. Dishes must be washed in a certain way. Mtg cards must go in the binder accotding to color and alphabetically. Dvds and gsmes go by system, esrb rating, and alphabetically...
I let it go sometimes when he does the cleaning but it drives me up the wsll
Loveavision
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:33 AM
Have you looked in to helping him get counseling for it? I understand it's frustrating, but he needs support and therapy, not judgment.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:36 AM
I would insist on therapy at least. I understand being wary of meds, but he should AT LEAST go to therapy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:38 AM
Yeah the day he said he was going to kill himself I got on the phone with all kinds of agencies and got him into therapy the next day. Like I said he hated it and the meds. So I moved out of state away from my family into his hometown to keep our family together. He said this was the only way he'd get better. I didn't leave him because I knew he was going through hell too. I am not passing judgement on him, simply stating that his illness is killing all of us.

Quoting Loveavision: Have you looked in to helping him get counseling for it? I understand it's frustrating, but he needs support and therapy, not judgment.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:43 AM
If he refuses to manage his mental health needs, I'd leave. You can't raise kids in that kind of environment.
AnHpuresugar
by Emerald Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Tell him that he either goes to therapy and takes medication to deal with the OCD or the marriage is over.  It is his issue.  He needs to try to get a handle on it.  I have OCD although it manifests in different ways for me.  It is MY problem.

He gets help or you should be gone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)