Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why can't he just take care of his own kids??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

We have two boys, one almost 3 one 8 months. I'm back at work soon and am away on a business trip for a week next week. He only has one day where he has them both all day, the other 3 days they are both in nursery or he just has the baby. 

However, he is going to take them to his parents for the day he has them both, I know he's worried about managing both of them, but I really am frustrated that he doesn't just man up and do it! It's just a day? How will he ever learn? 

I look after the, both all the time and have had 8 months of night feeds, with the exception of two nights. I would put money on him getting his mother to do the night feeds. 

He is a great dad, and maybe I am just irritated as I don't have any parents to help me out. But, why can't he just do it himself!?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WishingAway
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:56 AM
I can understand your frustration. Us women are superheroes I think lol ;)
askmommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:59 AM
You traveling will make him step up as long as his mom doesn't baby him. Have you talked to him? Does he have the opportunity to parent alone for shorter periods of time to get used to it?
MommyRush
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:01 AM
What's it matter ...hes with the kids let him do what he feels comfortable with. Not a big deal. As long as the kids and taken care of should matter...and honestly what kids don't love Bing with their grandparents? Grandparents spoil like crazy!
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:02 AM
I've never had this problem so I don't know what to say. CM makes me so very grateful for DH.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this
I think it's a man thing. I asked dh before what he would do if anything ever happened to me, and he said he'd take the kids and move in with his parents.lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:33 AM
Same here.

Quoting Danesmommy1: I've never had this problem so I don't know what to say. CM makes me so very grateful for DH.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:35 AM
My dh would and has. I left both kids(3and 4 mo) for two nights.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:37 AM
Mine can't handle one. Some men are just idiots.
CrossStitchMum
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:31 PM
It's a male thing. My DH couldn't handle being alone with my kids for a few hours and when I went in to have the next babies he always had someone with him
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:34 PM
My dh couldn't handle one back when we only had one. Then, things happened where he had to take care of him on his own for a day. Now, we have 4 and he's a pro. But if he hadn't been forced into it, he would never realize that.
And a lot of guys have trouble with babies. They do better with kids once they hit school-aged.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)