Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't plan on feeding them.

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:03 AM
  • 36 Replies

My dd's 12th birthday is coming soon.   She is having a birthday party at the local playground.  The guest list was suppose to be 20 kids.  Invitations went out online My dd wanted Pizza for the food.  Which sounded good. But then the guest list jumped to 39 and then her friend invited several kids hat they recently met  then other kids told other kids etc...  at the current standing as far as i know 48 ppl were invited.  I've gotten 35 RSVP telling me they were coming and a few maybe's.  Then of course there are going to be siblings of those invited.  Pizza for that many kids is not in the budget.  instead of cake we will have cup cakes and I'm gonna make 100.  snack foods like chips and popcorn  I am going to make 50-60 Oreo pops  I'm making ice tea and lemonade and will have plenty of water.  Pizza for that many kids is just going to eat into the budget to much.  I don't t hink I'm giving out goody bags either.   Do I need to feed these kids real food or is snacks good enough?

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Snacks are fine and 12 year olds don't need goodie bags.
PoisonEyeV
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:05 AM
2 moms liked this

You don't NEEEEED to do anything. Snacks & fun seem fine.

Loveavision
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this
I tend to agree with your advice a lot (:

Quoting Danesmommy1: Snacks are fine and 12 year olds don't need goodie bags.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:07 AM

What time is the party?

auntietotty
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this

My kids parties had only cake, icecream and a drink. I never had actual food at it.  We always did the party so it was pretty much after lunch time so there was no need to feed everyone.

bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:08 AM
Snacks are probably fine, although hot dogs are reasonably cheap for a big crowd as long as there is somewhere to grill.
AmaliaD
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:08 AM
That age group can eat amazing amounts of food. What time is the party? I think you only NEED to feed guests when you invite them to something that starts at their normal lunchtime. Mid afternoon (2-4) is different. Just do what you can.
purplemonkey702
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this

do you not have a little ceasars? 

MommyRush
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:09 AM
If you already said food was being served when you set out the invitations dont think you can back out parent might not feed their kids lunch thinking they going to be eating there. Plusb12 year olds are always hungry...buy extra pizza and skip out on the snacks to compensate the money difference
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:09 AM

it does depend on what time the party is

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)