Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm related to that....!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
My sister got a settlement about 5 weeks ago from a car accident she was involved in about 5 months ago in the amount of $19,000. First thing she did was buy a car for $11,000. She bought her kids each a big ticket item. Her 13 year old daughter got an xbox one and a farret, her 11 year old son got a new tablet and a new wardrobe, her 9 year old daughter got a shopping spree at a toy store where she picked out a giant Barbie dream house and a tablet and her 3 year old son got a new toddler bed and a crap ton of Thomas the train stuff. She bought herself a whole new wardrobe, a new bed, all new comforter set, got her nails, toes and hair done, a new e-cig, and put a deposit on a vacation condo in Florida. Her and her 4 kids have been eating out at least 3 times a week.

Well about a week ago my dad agreed to buy my sister's old car from her for $3000. My dad gave her half of the $3000 up front for the car. He told her when she gave him the title to the car he would give her the other half. My sister can't find the title and has to apply for a new one. My dad is withholding the money.

My sister is pissed. She already spent the $1500 my dad gave her because she has spent all the money from the settlement. She used the money to pay off the vacation condo in Florida. Her electric and her cell phone got shut off yesterday. She is harassing my dad and threatening to take the car back from him if he doesn't giver the other $1500. My dad is refusing to until she gives him the title.

It's not my dad's fault she blew through her money. She threatened to sue my dad in court if he didn't give her the money. That's how desperate she is for the money.

My sister is unemployed and has been for 10 years. She lives off of her son's disability payments and her's plus the government in the form of food stamps government housing, medicade, cash assistance and child support. She brings in $600 from her son, $1000 from her, $300 cash assistance, $500 in child support, $775 in food stamps and her house is being paid for by the government all but $75 of it. She doesn't lack for money.

My sister makes me sick. I am sorry that I am even related to her.

What do you think about all of this?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Missdameanor
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:08 AM
Noyb dbab
AmaliaD
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:11 AM
I'd be embarrassed. I'm sorry! Spent 19 grand ..... How can she own a vaca home while getting gov housing?
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:13 AM
She sounds lovely.
Missdameanor
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:13 AM
She is renting it for the vacation only.

Quoting AmaliaD: I'd be embarrassed. I'm sorry! Spent 19 grand ..... How can she own a vaca home while getting gov housing?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:13 AM
She doesn't own it she is renting it for 2 weeks in August.

Quoting AmaliaD: I'd be embarrassed. I'm sorry! Spent 19 grand ..... How can she own a vaca home while getting gov housing?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)