Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

son in law conflict

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
I'm going to try and make this short. My dd , sil and granddaughter were going to spend a few nights w dh and i .. No problem! They work opposite shifts so my dd is leaving in the am when sil is coming home . Now usually they have someone to watch baby in the mornings while sil gets a few hours of sleep . my understanding is he usually only gets 3 to 4 hours of sleep because the person watching baby has to leave ( I'm not sure why) so with them staying here I volunterd to watch baby . two days go by No problem . I leave sil alone in the spare bedroom until whenever he decides to get up which was 3:30-4:00 . on the third night I could not sleep I was watching the clock and just could not sleep - it sucked - so in the morning when sil came in I said " listen I had a bad night and didn't sleep , I'm exhausted , if you don't mind i would appreciate if you could take over baby care at 2-2:30.." I think I'm being nice , well he didn't see it that way and was pissed . this was a week ago and they are coming again tonight so its on my mind. I think he was out of line to get pissy w/me over that .
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:21 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:21 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:23 AM
I did not understand.
hautemama83
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:23 AM
Way out of line, and you should tell him so.
TheSilence
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:24 AM
Send silly to get pissed at someone who is doing you a favor.
weeping_angel
by Don't Blink on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:24 AM
Well, you did offer to help then backed out. I'd be irritated too
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:24 AM
Sil? I'm confused by who you are talking about, but if you said you would watch the baby then you should watch the baby.
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:25 AM
Don't offer to help out again. They obviously didn't appreciate it.
Missdameanor
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:26 AM
I read it twice. I wouldn't volunteer to babysit after being treated badly in my own home and son in law would not be back in just a week after that shit either! What did your dh say?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:26 AM
I would just talk to him, maybe he just had a really bad night or was really exhausted....poor guy only usually gets 3-4 hours of a sleep a day that is not very much
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)