Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever had any first day of school fails or mishaps?

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:30 AM
  • 26 Replies

Confession time! Let's talk about the First Day of School of years' past. Did you wake up and forget it was a school morning? Realize an hour before school that your kid's uniform didn't fit? Let your kid go to school in two different shoes? Send your kid off to middle or high school with some really lame advice? Share your funny and embarrassing fails with us (we won't judge ... cause, um, been there, done that). Your answers could be included in an upcoming post on The Stir.​

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:47 PM

i don't have any . bump

Coconutty4Hubby
by Cafe Goddess on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:26 PM

My son's first day is in a couple weeks. Gosh, I hope I don't forget to wake up and send him off! He's super excited, though, I doubt he'd let me sleep through the morning.

KME3
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:31 PM
We transferred schools and I went to take her and realized that there was no cars dropping off kids. I went to the office and they told me school already started. Lol. Her last school started at 9 this one started at 8. Woops.
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:32 PM

Not yet! 

KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:33 PM
Dd was placed on the wrong bus home her first day of K. She was a trooper about it.
Brandyns87
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:39 PM

On my son's first day of kindergarten he started crying.... and then I started crying.

iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:40 PM
Oh yes, I was ok til they read the kissing hand story. As soon as we walked out the door, I was a hot crying mess.

Quoting Brandyns87:

On my son's first day of kindergarten he started crying.... and then I started crying.

Spam72
by Emerald Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this
My son ran into a file cabinet and the school called me to bring him to the er for stitches!
LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:41 PM

Not yet, but mine are only in K and 2nd, so I have many years to accumulate fail stories. 

Bump!

mhaney03
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:42 PM

as a homeschool teacher, this year i totally flubbed day 1.  I though I had completed the lesson plan for the day WEEKS prior, but when i opened my book to see what was on the agenda for the day i had everything all messed up.  i was probably tryign to do 10 things at once when i wrote it and just wasn't paying attention.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)