Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you preparing?

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:33 AM
  • 34 Replies
What are you doing to get ready for the school year? I just realized yesterday I only have 3 more weekends before I go back for fall semester, so I've been nesting like a crazy person. I need to get the kids back on a good sleep schedule and shop for back to school clothes for myself and the kids. I also have to start canning tomatoes for the winter.

What kinds of things do you do? Do you clean a lot like I do? I know I won't have time once school starts!
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
supermama322
by Kaylee on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:36 AM
Not much. Shop for school supplies. My Mum takes care of all the back to school clothes and shoes so we don't have to do much. That's a good point about sleep schedules though! My kids are all messed up from summer. Lol
MLB30
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:37 AM

Lol luckily for us the near by Walgreens closed down marked all their school supplies 70% off! So we stocked up before they closed. It was awesome....composition college ruled notebooks $0.25, Three ring binders 2" $1.27, book covers $0.10 , folders $0.05 as you can see everything was cheap! Made out with enough school supplies to last her till graduation lol. 

My DD is 16 she will switch to her school sleeping routine a week before. She has to be at the bus stop by 6:20 .....she returns home at 2:00. It's a short day but super early. :) 

Maries_Mom23
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:39 AM

Nope...I save my cleaning for when they're out of the house.  LOL...

They start August 11th.  We'll shop this weekend.  Not much is needed.  The girls (10 and 7) need maybe 4 pairs of shorts each, undies, socks and tennis shoes.  Then the normal supplies.  We'll get it done Saturday.  Their sleep schedules haven't changed much over the summer.  Maybe by an hour and I've been working on that for the past week.  

AvantGardener
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:40 AM
2 moms liked this

Nothing other than trying to schedule one more vacation in before school starts. 

Roo1234
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:41 AM

Unpacking the house (we just moved a couple of weeks ago), organizing everything and everyone.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Nothing really... Were we supposed to? Guess I fluked up. Here I had a kid go all the way through high school and one on his last year and no one told me I had to get ready all thaws years
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

My kids start in 5 days. No preperations. Just winging it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:45 AM
I try to get a head start on cleaning. I have schedules to make, curriculums to set up, our school area to organize, etc.
notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:46 AM
I have all school supplis bought with the exception of what the individual teachers require, and I only get them 1 or 2 outfits now. I wait till fall to shop for needed winter clothes.
notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:48 AM
Btw I don't understand the cleaning a lot part, I clean daily so....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)