Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Blood sugar help...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
We had my son at the ER yesterday because he was vomiting and had diarrhea. He is 2 years old the doc said he was dehydrated but also had low blood sugar it was 30. We have to take my son back to the doc today to check his blood sugar. What is normal blood sugar for a 2 year old?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:41 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:41 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:45 AM

Normal for anyone - kids or not is approximately 90-145. Anything over 200 and you can look at diabetes as something to be investigated. 

Foundf this answer not sure how accurate it is

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:47 AM
Thanks. I guess his was really low than:( hopefully better today

Quoting Anonymous:

Normal for anyone - kids or not is approximately 90-145. Anything over 200 and you can look at diabetes as something to be investigated. Foundf this answer not sure how accurate it is

AjsMom0508
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:57 AM
His low blood sugar can be attributed to his vomiting and diarrhea. If you are not eating your blood sugar will drop.
MooseMomma
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:04 PM
Normal blood sugars are 60-100 for adults.

Kids under 5 should be in the 100-200 range usually.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:19 PM
The doc just wants it checked again because if it gets to low that could be dangerous.

Quoting AjsMom0508: His low blood sugar can be attributed to his vomiting and diarrhea. If you are not eating your blood sugar will drop.
ripemango
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:26 PM

you aren't gonna prick him at home to determine that. just wait and go to the doctor...a real professional. ask him/her your questions.

the low blood sugar yesterday could have been a fluke from all of the vomiting. they're retesting today to see if it is still abnormal.

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)