Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moldy cheese?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

Mold on a block of sharp cheddar cheese. Shave off the mold and eat anyway? Or toss completely?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:38 AM
Technically it's safe to cut the mold off and eat it but I've always tossed it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:39 AM

Cut off mold and eat...cut off an extra 1/4 inch past the mold.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:39 AM
Cheese is mold.
smorgan865
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:40 AM
Most cheese had mold on it before it was packaged up for you, just cut it off.
chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:42 AM

Cheese is still good under the mold.  I would never toss a block away because of mold.  Now if the entire block is covered with mold and it looks rotten, I would toss it (unless it's bleu cheese of course.)

staci1103
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:43 AM

I'd just cut f the moldy part

the.B.karma
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:43 AM

EW... Toss completely.

hautemama83
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:44 AM
Cheese is "mold". So just cut it off and eat the cheese.
DameDeLaMer
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:46 AM
I'd have to toss it. My dh is highly allergic. And for peace of mind... i just throw any and all moldy stuff away.
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jul. 31, 2014 at 10:41 AM

even tho I know its good still I toss it. 

Photo: -Randi.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)