Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UGH Check Your Backseat Dumba**

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:38 AM
  • 12 Replies

So today I see yet ANOTHER parent left their kids in the car to suffocate in the southern heat... Luckily the kids were okay but WTH... Seriously this shit has been happeneing at least once a week since summer started and it's ridiculous...

Really! How can you forget your kid in the car??? I mean I can't even fathom how scatterbrain you have to be for this to actually be an "accident"...

I am the queen of all scatterbrains and you know what even on date night, even when I'm stumbling drunk I STILL check my backseat for my children... Always! I've even gotten home at 3 am with my hubby, stumbled out of the car and opened the back door on the side my daughter's car seat is on...

I just DON'T get how you can forget about your child in the backseat... I don't believe any of these "accidental" deaths were actually accidental... bash me if you want... Sorry not sorry...

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krusesbaby
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:40 AM
I dont understand it either.
wven when the kids arent with me its just a reflex to get out and check the backseat.

MadCowMobBoss
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:44 AM

I know right! I don't know how many times i have been out with my hubby and kept looking in the backseat to check on the kids KNOWING they are home safe and sound with the sitter... And EVERY time I get to go to the grocery store by myself I open the back door to "get my daughter out" and she's not even there LOL... I just don't get it!

Quoting krusesbaby: I dont understand it either. wven when the kids arent with me its just a reflex to get out and check the backseat.

Mamabear010
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't get it either. And it offends me when people say it can happen to anyone. Um no, it can't. I literally check on my kids every 3 to 5 minutes while driving. How the holy hell could i forget they are back there? I just looked at them....

I think every single person who leaves a child or animal in a hot car should face the same exact treatment.

ShadowLark
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:50 AM

I agree, everyone should check every time.  I still feel vaguely sheepish about it when I do, because NOT being with the kids is such a rarity that it's all I'm thinking about.

But isn't that the point?  These parents are thinking "I don't hasve the baby with me, I can just get out"?  So ALWAYS check, even when you're SURE that you're being stupid.

19greeneyesmoma
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:52 AM

I honestly think in most cases it just an excuse. Its hapening way to often now.

KRhyMama2013
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:53 AM
Totally agree, if you can forget your child was in the car with you, you have a problem.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:54 AM
I agree with you.
kaybayblee3
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:56 AM

I personally think that a few of them are done on purpose

MadCowMobBoss
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:15 PM

I feel extremely stupid when I open the back door and find the empty carseat staring at me... Especially the night I checked at the end of our date night... my hubby thought it was hilarious! but that's the thing... I would much rather laugh about stupidly checking my back seat for my kiddos than be crying because I didn't look and they died in the heat... I can't even imagine NOT looking anymore... as a precaution against looking stupid in the grocery store parking lot though I always put my purse in the car seat so I HAVE to open the back door to get it lol... then people aren't looking at me crazy for trying to get out my invisible baby haha

Quoting ShadowLark:

I agree, everyone should check every time.  I still feel vaguely sheepish about it when I do, because NOT being with the kids is such a rarity that it's all I'm thinking about.

But isn't that the point?  These parents are thinking "I don't hasve the baby with me, I can just get out"?  So ALWAYS check, even when you're SURE that you're being stupid.

kiwiskiwi29
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:17 PM

I don't get it either.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)