Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my sil has been arrested, lost her job and has cps investigating her but what she doesn't know is

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 324 Replies
1 mom liked this
That I am the one who reported her. she came over for dinner last week with her two kids. I served wine with dinner and she drank quite a bit. She went to leave and she was drunk. So my husband and I stopped her. We told her that she's drunk and she's not going anywhere. After a slight argument she agreed to stay the night on the couch. I went upstairs to get blankets and sheets for her and her kids. My husband jumped in the shower. I came back down stairs a few minutes later to find that her and her kids were gone. I ran outside to see her pulling away. I was terrified for her children and anyone else that might be on the road. She lives 30 minutes from us. I truly didn't know what to do so I did the only thing i cold, I called the police. I told them that she was drunk with two young children in the car and I gave them a description of the car. They caught up with her quickly and she was arrested. She has since lost her job as a nurse because of it and CPS is investigating her. At the moment her kids have to stay with MIL and FIL. My DH knows and supports my decision. We have also decided not to tell anyone that I called. However I really feel bad. I mean its hard because I feel like I made the only decision I could have but at the same time I feel like my sister in law has had her whole life ruined because of this one bad decision. I mean she has her faults but she's not a bad person.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:43 AM

BUMP!

Kaydence2010
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:45 AM
11 moms liked this
Thats a sucky situation but i would have done the same especially because she had her kids with her
niki_hubbard
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:45 AM
3 moms liked this
Be there for the kids. I'd have called too.. sometimes doing the right thing doesn't feel good.
GwenMB
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this

It really stinks, but you did the right thing.

You also may not know what other bad decisions she's made regarding alcohol and if her kids have suffered due to her drinking - unless you know for absolute fact that this is the only time she's had too much to drink and made a bad decision.

Hopefully she can get help & put everything back together.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this

You did the right thing and she deserves everything she is going through. 

mrsbrand
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:46 AM
2 moms liked this
Look, she did this to herself. It's a terrible situation, but sometimes people need to step in and protect the kids. *hugs* to all of you.
DensHag
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:46 AM
7 moms liked this
SHE made the choice to leave and endanger her kids and others. I wouldn't feel bad, she did this to herself. I don't feel sorry for people who make their own trouble. You did the right thing, in my opinion.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:47 AM
9 moms liked this
Why didn't you ask her to hand over her keys?
krusesbaby
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this
I would have called too.
Those kids could have died, not to mention anyone else on the road.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Probably not the first time she did it and there is always the possiblity it could have saved the kids life.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)