Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gestational Surrogate AMA

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:43 PM
  • 61 Replies

I will be 100% honest. The good.. the bad.. whatever you would like to know.

Ask away.

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:45 PM
How many times have you been a surrogate?
VicVinegar
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Did out know the family you are doing this for, before or is it through an agency and a family selected you?

Are you in it for the money?

What does your SO think?

Do you have your own kids? What do they think?

b0bbied0ll
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:46 PM

2 and I plan to do it one more time.

Quoting TiffanyRose06: How many times have you been a surrogate?

BEXi
by BEXi on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:46 PM

Did you do it for the money? Be honest.

Mom-to-2kids
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:47 PM
I will be one next year for my best friend:) any advice?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:48 PM

Do you do anything special to distance yourself from becoming emotionally attached to the baby?

KristaP13
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:49 PM

Did you become attached? 

Do you still see the babies/children?

DW030714
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:50 PM

Did you express BM for the IP's?

b0bbied0ll
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:54 PM

The first time I knew the family for about a year before. The second time it was through an agency. 

The money is a big plus as it of course helps but that is not the reason I chose to do it. I have family members who struggled with infertility as I was growing up. I've always wanted to do it since and luckily I have very easy pregnancies and have been able. 

My husband is VERY supportive. In the beginning he would even give me my shots because I was chicken. If he was available he would come to appts with me as well. He has a relationship with the families just as I do. 

I have 3 boys and they think it is awesome. I even asked my older 2 what they thought of me doing another one since they are getting older. I wasnt sure if feelings had changed and wanted to make sure. They love seeing pics of the babies as they grow.

Quoting VicVinegar:

Did out know the family you are doing this for, before or is it through an agency and a family selected you?

Are you in it for the money?

What does your SO think?

Do you have your own kids? What do they think?

AngryBob
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:54 PM

i have considered doing this. (this is the type of surrogacy that doens't require use of your own egg, right?)

my question is what kind of birth did you plan for? my last child was a water birth, and i infinitely prefer that setting than my previous two births. how likely would it be for me to find a couple that would be willing to allow for a water birth? i'm game for whatever they are most comfortable with, so if they want to jump in the tub with me, more power to them. i'd prefer it, actually, because i know that if i look at or touch the baby, i would instantly bond with it, and not want to give it up. so i would prefer if they caught the baby.

does that sound like i could find a couple like that? i'd pump for them, if they wanted the baby to have breast milk, too. i would want for them to experience as much of the pregnancy as possible.

or do you find prospective parents to be the type to order a baby online and expect it in the mail, so to speak?

is it easier to "bounce back" after having a surrogate baby, than your own child? because of having a newborn, all i wanted to do was sleep. but i'm assuming that if i didn't have a crying, screaming thing to care for, it's easier to get back into the normal routine of life, and get my body back on track. what have you noticed in that regard?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)