Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need a home remedy!

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:44 PM
  • 11 Replies

I think I can feel a cold coming.. I feel like I could start sneezing at any minute, where my throat and nose meet it sort of burns, my eyes are real heavy, and it burns to breathe in my nose a bit.

So what can I do to chase this cold off? Or at least minimize it's length?! SD bday party is in 2 weekends and I have a TON of stuff to do for it this weekend! Help :(

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
winkyloafed
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:45 PM
Vitamin C, plenty of fluids, and rest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SnoBuny
by Emerald Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:45 PM
Vitamin c. Airborne has worked well for us. There is another know that is similar but I can't remember the name it comes in a pink packet.
rosie211
by I'm a nice one on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:45 PM
This exactly.

Quoting winkyloafed: Vitamin C, plenty of fluids, and rest.
yksmom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:46 PM
Zinc. It's the active ingredient in cold-ease.
Larae1990
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:50 PM
Vitamin C and D, one time I had a horrible cold and my husband made me this garlic lemon honey tea with cactus and my nose was clear in 15 min and my throat felt better. He said it was a homemade Mexican remedy. Mexicans have the best home remedies lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:53 PM

Hot tottie....

1 oz lemon juice

1 tbsp honey

1/2 cup water or tea

1 shot whiskey

combine everything except the whiskey, microwave it in a glass for about 1 minute, add the whiskey and voila!

TexasGirl90
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks yall

Quoting rosie211: This exactly.
Quoting winkyloafed: Vitamin C, plenty of fluids, and rest.

TexasGirl90
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol they really do, don't they!

Quoting Larae1990: Vitamin C and D, one time I had a horrible cold and my husband made me this garlic lemon honey tea with cactus and my nose was clear in 15 min and my throat felt better. He said it was a homemade Mexican remedy. Mexicans have the best home remedies lol.

TexasGirl90
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:58 PM

So I go to the vitamin aisle and buy a zinc supplement.. or theres something i should be eating? or what?

Quoting yksmom: Zinc. It's the active ingredient in cold-ease.

PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this

We use neem.  It is antiviral, antifungal and antibacterial.  Your local health food store should have it.  I usually buy the Natures Way brand.  I also have a spray bottle with lugols iodine and colloidal silver as a throat spray when someone gets a sore throat.

Start taking 4 neem capsules every hour or two.  It should prevent it from taking hold and you should feel better in 24-48  hours.  Keep taking neem as long as you have any symptoms.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)