Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Internet "fire challenge" burning teenagers across US *ETA* Article in replies - 15 year old died from this.

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:50 PM
  • 42 Replies

By Rick Couri

LEXINGTON, Ky —

The “fire challenge” has shown up on several Internet sites, and many teenagers have acted, setting themselves on fire.

One 15-year-old in Lexington, Kentucky found out the hard way exactly how devastating it can be.

"I just poured alcohol on it, and lit it, and it just automatically went and burst," he told WKYT-TV.

The effects were immediate, and devastating. "Unbearable," he began. "Literally after it got put out it was already blistering."

See more trending stories here.

CBS Cleveland reports some of the online video’s show teenagers using aerosol cans to spray themselves before they set themselves ablaze.

Cops remind the kids are not just endangering themselves.

Anytime fire is involved it can spread quickly, causing damage or injury to anyone or anything nearby.

Police in Lexington are investigating.

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sstripedmonkey
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this
What the actual fuck? Why are people so stupid?! I cant imagine the train of thought behind this. Even as a dumb teenager I understood fire=bad. Holy crap!
yksmom
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Wth?? Selective evolution at its finest.
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:56 PM

I know right?  So stupid.

Quoting sstripedmonkey: What the actual fuck? Why are people so stupid?! I cant imagine the train of thought behind this. Even as a dumb teenager I understood fire=bad. Holy crap!

Tooth_Inspector
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:57 PM
Teenagers are so effing stupid! Who thinks it's awesome to participate in these stupid challenges? Oy.
BEXi
by BEXi on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:57 PM

Darwins Theory!!

Someone got mad at me when I commented on a FB post about this saying these people deserved what they got. But yet they are laughing about it. I think it's more fucked up to laugh at shit like this..

Mom-to-2kids
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:58 PM

Mobile Photo

The hell is wrong with kids?!0
Bethsunshine
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:59 PM

I have a teenage son and I can't imagine him doing something THAT stupid!

km1970
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:00 PM

ugh....as a parent of a teen, I hope I've raised my girls not to be a complete dumbass. 

When the cinammon challenge came out, I asked my daughter if she has seen any of the videos. She looked at me and said, "why would anyone be that stupid?" I was glad she could see how dumb "online" challenges are. 

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:01 PM
Dude really!? Good lord how stupid can you be!? I'm glad my kids and their friends have more brains than that. I've always said kids get stupid when they hit their teens but this is ridiculous!
On a stupid teen note, I told my oldest about kids crushing smarties and snorting them and she told me some boys used to do that with altoids in her theater class wtf!?
thetrollcat
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:05 PM
5 moms liked this

and yet 90% of the women on this site THINK that teenagers are mature and old enough to have babies....

SMH

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)